Meeting Date: 03/08/05 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
Details: Agenda for 03/08 HHWNC Area 3 Committee meeting at Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street 6:30 P.M.
1. Approve minutes from 02/08 meeting.
2. Presentation from Elizabeth Peterson on parking overlay plan for Hollywood Boulevard. Possible motion and vote.
3. Discussion with a representative from DOT on neighborhood parking issues including preferential parking, speed bumps, etc. Possible motions and votes.
4. Update from Rhena Dheming on Grant parking lot.
5. Presentation from Patricia Price on greater HHWNC outreach to the Elderly, Dis-abled, and Youth in the community. Possible motion and vote.
6. Discussion on the HHWNC Board vote on the Vogue Theater project pursuant to the March 10th Board meeting where a motion of area 3 is on the agenda.
7. General comment on non-agenda items.
8. Adjourn and set next meeting date.
Minutes of March 8th Area 3 Meeting.
1. Corrections to January and February Minutes voted on and approved 8 to 0.
2. DOT (Department of Transportation) field representative Brian Gallagher spoke to the group answered questions, and gave a detailed breakdown and overview of types of residential parking permits available and how interested residents can proceed to try to obtain preferential parking in their neighborhoods. A motion was made by Area 3 Chair
Woolsey ask DOT to refrain from “red-bagging” parking meters and from posting temporary restrictions at 1833 N. Cahuenga, 6633 Hollywood Blvd.- and 1714 & 1710 N. Las Palmas.
Motion seconded and passed 8 for, 0 against, with 1 abstention.
3. Area 3 Stakeholder Rena Dheming brought up the importance of posted minutes reflecting the accurate wording and format of what motions and dialogue that take place at meetings so as to prevent misrepresentation or intent taken out of context once posted on HHWNC website.
4. A discussion took place regarding Area 3 stakeholder concern over saturation of current and upcoming nightclubs and alcohol-permitted venues, on and off of Hollywood Blvd. between LaBrea and Vine, causing over-congested parking problems and late-night noise nuisance. Motion was made by Area 3 stakeholder Bill Becker that Area 3 tale stand against granting support to any petitioner wishing to establish any business with a parking variance that will only add to an already overcrowded parking problem. Motion was seconded and passed 8 for and none against.
5. Area 3 stakeholder Patricia Price made a motion that Area 3 take a position that Hollywood & Highland make available to the general public signage to be visibly posted at the complex directing people to location of handicapped and disabled access amenities within the complex. Motion was seconded and passed 8 for and 0 against.
6. Adjournment and scheduling of next meeting for 04/12.
- HHWNC Board Meeting – April 21, 2021
- Emergency Renters Assistance Program – Apply March 30th to April 30th
- Hollywood Community Plan Update – Letters
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Jorge Partida on COVID & Mental Health
- Air travel and COVID – From Boeing
- Community & Youth Relations Meeting with Guest Speaker Dr. Jorge Partida, LACDMH
- HHWNC Board Meeting – March 17 at 6pm