Meeting Date: 05/01/07 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yamashiro Restaurant
1999 N Sycamore Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Details: MEETING OF THE
HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS/HOLLYWOOD BLVD. AREA COMMITTEE
HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
(Area 4 Committee Meeting)
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
1999 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Parking available – Valet will instruct you to the employee lot.
The meeting room is in the back, on the east (right-hand) side of the building.
1. Sign-in, welcome and brief introductions (call to order and roll call).
2. Review and approval of minutes of previous meetings.
3. Request by Area 6 (Outpost) that HHWNC contribute $50,000 towards the purchase of approximately 18 acres of land on the edge of Runyon Canyon. Possible motion and vote.
4. Orientation about the Yamashiro/Magic Castle property sale.
5. Public comment and any new business for next month’s agenda.
6. Adjournment at 7:15 PM.
Area 4 Committee Hollywood Heights/Hollywood Blvd.
Minutes for the May 1, 2007 Meeting
Location: Yamashiro Restaurant, Conference room.
1. A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m.
2. The minutes for several previous meetings were unanimously approved.
3. Lively discussion of the request by Area 5 (Outpost) that HHWNC contribute $50,000 towards the purchase of approximately 18 acres of land on the edge of Runyon Canyon. While everyone agreed that the land should be preserved, stakeholders felt that $50,000 would have little impact on a $12,5 mio. real estate deal. A much lesser investment towards creating community awareness, i.e. towards creating public opposition, would be more effective. Questions ranged from who had the listing to how long the property had been on the market, what portion of the purchase price had actually been guaranteed by whom and who else had submitted offers. The motion that “Area 4 wholly and unanimously supports any effective means to protect this property but would like further information prior to committing substantial HHWNC funds towards its acquisition” carried 13:0 (3 abstentions).
4. An orientation was given about the pending sale of Yamashiro and the Magic Castle. The sale is contingent on the continued operation of Yamashiro and the Magic Castle. External forces seem to be pushing towards landmark status for Yamashiro (the Magic Castle already has it). An actual change of hands is most likely six months away.
5. Public comment was focused on a crime house that has sprung up in Area 4. The authorities have been responsive but the legal situation is complex. It was suggested that the issue be placed on next month’s agenda.
6. As there was no further public comment and no additional business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 7:25 p.m.
Minutes prepared by Conrad Schoeffter.
- 2021 Neighborhood Council Election Vote-By-Mail Application
- COVID-19 Vaccine Enrollment & Information
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Jan. 20, 2021
- Area 7 / Infrastructure Meeting
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020