Meeting Date: 07/16/14 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Bonhams & Butterfields 7601 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
June 18, 2014
Bonhams & Butterfields
7601 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Directions: East of N. Fairfax Ave and West of N. La Brea Ave of Hollywood Blvd. Building is accessible and free parking is available behind the building.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website www.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected]
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO:
POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING A BOARD MOTION AND
VOTING ON THE MOTION.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
- Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
- Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos
- Minutes – Review and approve Board minutes from May 28, 2014 meeting (MOTION AND VOTE) (5 minutes)
President’s Report by Anastasia Mann (15 minutes)
- Public Official Reports
- CD13 – Dan Halden, Office of Councilman Mitch O’Farrell
- CD4 –Sharon Shapiro, Field Deputy, Office of Councilmember Tom LaBonge
- Mayor’s Office, Yeghig Keshishian, Central Area NC Rep.
- 43rd Assembly District, Rep. from the Office of Assemblyman Mike Gatto
- 46th Assembly District, Bill Hacket, Office of Assemblyman Adrin Nazarian
- 50th Assembly District, Office of Assemblyman Richard Bloom
Candidates for CD 4
- Wally Knox
- NBCU Transportation Improvements and New 101 Ramp (Corinne Verdery and Pat Gibson)
- Discussion re street sweeping and dangerous debris (Chi Ming Gong, Street Maintenance Division, Bureau of Street Services)
- Confirm next meeting date: August 20 or dark.
Vice-President’s Report (Cyd Zeigler) (5 minutes)
- 9021Pho CUP application – Motion to support 9021Pho’s application for a new conditional use permit to sell beer and wine for on-site consumption, Sun.-Thu., 11am-11pm and Fri.-Sat., 11am-12am. (MOTION AND VOTE)
- PLUM Committee
Treasurer’s Report (Michael Meyer) (10 minutes)
- Motion and Vote to approve monthly expenditures report
- Approve Funding request forms
- Update on funding procedure with new on-line checking account and debit card/Review of new expenditures procedures
- Approve Request for Funding Forms for SASNET Design for recurring expense of $250 per month for website maintenance (MOTION AND VOTE)
Parliamentarian’s Report (Malena Patel) (5 minutes)
- Monthly report on committee meetings
- Secretary’s Report (Kathy Bañuelos) (5 minutes)
- Committee Reports
Area 3/Area 4/Housing Committee (Brian Dyer/Joyce Dyrector/JoAnn Koplin)
- Report on Joint Meeting
- Discussion re City Council motion re Street Vendors
Area 7 (Barbara Witkin)
- Motion to recommend amendments and improvements to Councilmember Tom LaBonge's motion CF# 13-1478 Small Lot Subdivision and Guidelines Ordinance. (MOTION AND VOTE)
- Hollywood HIlls West NC has reviewed and worked with developers on many Small Lot Subdivisions (SLS). The current Small lot Subdivision Ordinance is not clear, and many project basics have been overlooked. These issues have greatly impacted neighborhoods where these subdivisions are being built. Amendments and clarity are needed for this type of development to work better and be more compatible in existing neighborhoods.
- Public Comments – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
- Old Business
- New Business
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
July 16, 2014
Bonhams & Butterfields
7601 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann at 6:30 p.m.
- Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos: Board Members Present: Anastasia Mann, Cyd Zeigler, Kathy Bañuelos, Michael Meyer, Jim Geoghan, Annie Gagen, Oren Katz,
JoAnn Koplin, Sunta Izzicupo, Rick Cullen, Pat Weber, Brian Dyer, Joyce Dyrector, Carmen Libaridian, Grant Wallensky, Barbara Witkin, Sean BenAroya, Orrin Feldman and Stacey Kenyon, who arrived at 6:53 p.m. Quorum established with 18 members.
- Approval of Minutes – (Meyer/BenAroya) moved to approve the minutes as corrected from June 18, 2014. The motion carried with one abstention (Witkin).
President’s Report by Anastasia Mann
- Public Official Reports
- CD13 – Dan Halden, Office of Councilman Mitch O’Farrell, held a meeting with many of the tour operators who drive on Hollywood Boulevard to review City rules and regulations. Anyone who violates the banned activity will get a one-time warning, and if they are found in violation again, they will be banned from using Orange Court for at least one year. He also spoke about "homeless donation meters" (former parking meters) that could be used to donate money to charities instead of giving cash to the homeless. He is addressing the Department Transportation about the homeless encampment at an off-ramp in Hollywood. Other announcements included National Night Out in August and a noise complaint regarding Madame Tussauds rooftop parties.
- CD4 –Renee Weitzer from Councilmember Tom LaBonge's office, spoke about his proposal to increase the number of lanes on Cahuenga. There will be a study on this topic before any action takes place.
- 43rd Assembly District: Eric from the Office of Assemblyman Mike Gatto, discussed a public safety bill relating to hit and run accidents where a "Yellow alert" would be shown on freeway signs to hunt down hit and run motorists. When they are charged, there would be an automatic suspension of their license when an accident victim is injured.
- Congressman Adam Schiff's rep, Mike Aguilara, gave an update on efforts to cut down on noise complaints from helicopters in the L.A. Basin. The Congressman was presenting a forum on August 4th to address Identity Theft.
- LAFD – Anastasia announced that there is a new Fire Chief. Michael attended a CPR training at Hollywood Civic Center, which he said was very useful.
4. Candidates for CD 4: Wally Knox, former CA legislator, addressed the board on his candidacy for City Council District 4. He talked about the City's financial difficulties and efforts to repair streets and sidewalks. He said he was also concerned with the issues of development, planning and traffic.
- NBCU Transportation Improvements and New 101 Freeway Ramp: Corinne Verdery updated the board on the progress of NBCU’s Evolution Plan, which would include a new parking structure, broadcast studios, new attractions for the themepark, improved roadways (including a Barham right-hand turn), new lanes into the theme park from Lankershim, and a pedestrian bridge over Lankershim. Corinne also answered questions from the Board Membrs regarding a CalTrans decision to close the southbound off-ramp at Barham due to safety concerns. NBCU’s transportation consultant, Pat Gibson, also presented NBCU’s planned transportation improvements which total more than $100 million.
6. Bureau of Street Services, Chi Ming Gong of Street Maintenance Division talked about their three day advance notice for any new street additions. The board also informed him about dangerous debris lying on streets which led to a pedestrian being injured. Anastasia will follow up with him on specific issues.
7. Next meeting date: The board approved the next meeting date of Sept. 17th, 2014 (August 20 is dark) with a presentation by former State Senator Sheila Kuehl, candidate for L.A. County Supervisor.
8. Vice-President’s Report: (Zeigler/Katz) moved the PLUM Committee motion that HHWNC support the conditional use application by 9021Pho to sell beer and wine for on-site consumption, Sun.-Thu., 11am-11pm and Fri.-Sat., 11am-12am. The motion carried: 15-1-2 (Dyrector and Gagen abstained).
9. Treasurer’s Report: Michael Meyer reviewed changes to DONE's payment procedures and debit card limitations.
- (Nelson/BenAroya) moved to approve the monthly expenditures report. The motion carried unanimously.
- The board unanimously approved a funding request of $193.00 for refreshments for the board meeting.
- The board unanimously approved a request to pay a recurring expense of $250/mo. for website maintenance to SASNET Design.
10. Parliamentarian’s Report – Malena Patel was absent but is expected back in September.
11. Secretary’s Report: Kathy Bañuelos has ordered business cards for each board member @ $22.00 per box.
12. Committee Reports
- Area 3/Area 4/Housing Committee: Brian Dyer, Joyce Dyrector and JoAnn Koplin took turns giving reports: Joyce stated that everyone voted against the upcoming Council Motion regarding street vendors. They requested that HHWNC write a letter detailing the reasons they are opposed to it. (Dyer/Dyrector) requests that HHWNC oppose the street vending motion to expand the street vending (CF131478) in Los Angeles." (Feldman) amended the motion to state "HHWNC send a letter to the City expressing our opposition to street vending that would be permitted in our area." The motion carried with one abstention (Zeigler). (Brian will write the letter).
- Area 7 , Barbara Witkin: (Witkin/Feldman moved that HHWNC recommend amendments and improvements to Councilmember Tom LaBonge's motion CF# 13-1478 Small Lot Subdivision and Guidelines Ordinance. The motion carried unanimously.
The argument for this motion included the following: Hollywood Hills West NC has reviewed and worked with developers on many Small Lot Subdivisions (SLS). The current Small lot Subdivision Ordinance is not clear, and many project basics have been overlooked. These issues have greatly impacted neighborhoods where these subdivisions are being built. Amendments and clarity are needed for this type of development to work better and be more compatible in existing neighborhoods.
- Public Comments – Michael stated that additional "Slow Down" signs are needed.
- Old Business – None.
- New Business – None.
- Adjournment at 8:48 p.m.
Minutes by Pat Kramer, Apple One.
- CD4 Virtual Candidate Forum
- Housing Chair Vacancy
- Executive Committee Special Meeting
- HHWNC Virtual Board Meeting- Wed. Sept. 16, 2020
- PLUM Committee & Ad Hoc Hollywood Community Plan Committee Joint Meeting – 9/9/2020
- PLUM Committee Meeting (virtual) – Sept. 2, 2020 @ 6pm
- Hollywood Hills PARTY HOUSE VIRTUAL TOWN HALL MONDAY 5:30 pm With CD4 Councilmember David Ryu