Meeting Date: 07/12/04 06:45 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Toluca Lake Sports and Tennis Club-Second Floor Conference Room
6711 Forest Lawn Drive, Ste 207, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Details: 1. SIGN-IN, WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
2. BRIEF REVIEWOF MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 9, 2004 AND MARCH 8, 2004 AND APRIL 12, 2004. POSSIBLE MOTION AND VOTE.
3. DISCUSSION OF INCLUSIONARY ZONING ORDINANCE.
4. DISCUSSION OF THE GATEWAY TO HOLLYWOOD PROJECT FUNDING. POSSIBLE MOTION AND VOTE.
5. NEW BUSINESS
6 GENERAL COMMENTS
7. PLAN AND SET NEXT MEETING TIME & PLACE
8 PUBLIC COMMENT
Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council
Business Development, Planning, and Support Committee
Meeting Minutes: May 10, 2004
Members Present: Jeff Rouze, Chair, Colleen Wharton, John Ehretz, Steve Tronson, Paul Ramsey, Conrad Schoeffer and Frank DeFoe.
Location: Toluca Lake Sports and Tennis club, Second Floor Conference Room
A quorum being present, Chair Jeffrey Rouze, called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes for the February 9, 2004 meeting, March 8, 2004 meeting, and the April 12, 2004 meeting were reviewed and approved.
Gateway to Hollywood Project: The Gateway construction is about to begin to finish the underground electrical construction. The HHWNC has adopted this project by appointing Jeff Rouze as the representative to the project. Biweekly meetings have been held with the CD4 office and the Yucca Corridor Coalition Board Members. The finances have been reviewed and the unfinished construction work has been prioritized. A work plan to complete the project is now underway. Some of the elements of the project are being scaled back due to funding issues. Sidewalk installation will begin after the underground work is completed.
Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance: The Committee reviewed the Housing Department matrix for the new zoning ordinance that is proposed to make affordable housing required in all new construction of buildings with five units or more in the City of Los Angeles. A copy of the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council response letter was distributed and reviewed. The committee members have reservations about the mandatory nature of this ordinance, the Housing Department oversight that would result for each new project, the un-workability of the condominium alternative that gives no incentive to the low-income buyer, and the extremely high in-lieu fees that are proposed. The committee members voted 7-0 to oppose the current draft of the ordinance.
New Business: There was no new business.
General Comments: There were no general comments.
Future Meetings: It was agreed to meet on the second Monday of the month at the Toluca Lake Sports and Tennis Club at 6:30 p.m.
Public Comment: There was no public comment today.
Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
Next meeting: The next meeting will be on Monday, September 13
Respectfully submitted by: Jeff Rouze
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020
- HHWNC Board Meeting – November 18 (virtual)
- Wednesday, November 11, Hollywood Community Plan Implementation Plan to be discussed in Committees Meeting
- Joint Public Safety and Area 8 Meeting: RYLAN Online – An Introduction
- LAFD West Burueu Newsletter Oct-Dec 2020
- Tuesday, 10/13/2020, Community Discussion on Two Proposed Developments within Cahuenga Pass