Meeting Date: 10/11/04 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Toluca Lake Sports Club-Second Floor Conference Room
6711 Forest Lawn Drive
Details: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, PLANNING, AND SUPPORT COMMITTEE
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, PLANNING AND SUPPORT RESOURCES
ISSUE COMMITTEE #1
Toluca Lake Sports and Tennis Club-Second Floor Conference Room
6711 Forest Lawn Drive, Ste 207, Los Angeles, CA 90068
MONDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2004
At 6:30 p.m.
1. SIGN-IN, WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
2. BRIEF REVIEWOF MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2004. POSSIBLE MOTION AND VOTE.
3. UPDATE ON INCLUSIONARY ZONING DISCUSSION AT NEIGHBORHOOD CONGRESS
4. UPDATE ON THE GATEWAY TO HOLLYWOOD PROJECT
5. DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL JOINT AREA #3 MEETING REGARDING NEW CLUB/RESTAURANT PROPOSALS. FOR HOLLYWOOD BOULEVARD
5. NEW BUSINESS
6 GENERAL COMMENTS
7. PLAN AND SET NEXT MEETING TIME & PLACE (Nov 8)
8 PUBLIC COMMENT
For more information contact: [email protected]
Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council
Business Development, Planning, and Support Committee
Meeting Minutes: October 11, 2004
Members Present: Jeff Rouze, Chair, John Ehretz, Colleen Wharton, Steve Tronson, and Frank DeFoe.
Location: Toluca Lake Sports and Tennis club, Second Floor Conference Room
A quorum being present, Chair Jeffrey Rouze, called the meeting to order at 6:40 p.m.
Minutes: The minutes from the September 13, 2004 meeting were approved.
Gateway to Hollywood Project: The HHWNC has adopted this project by appointing Jeff Rouze as the representative to the project. The Hollywood United Neighborhood Council has appointed Norma Foster as a representative to the project. The sidewalk, irrigation, and landscaping installation are complete. The pedestrian lights and electrical wiring for the pedestrian lights is still outstanding. Parts are on order to complete the project. The installation of the fiber optics in the icon Hollywood sign will wait for additional grants to become available. The Friends of the Gateway have been organizing to maintain the property during the two year Adopt a Median period.
Inclusionary Zoning Ordinance: This Committee reviewed the outcome of the discussions of the Neighborhood Congress panel about ordinance. The majority of the participants were not in favor of the ordinance. The overrides of the specific plans, the fact that the ordinance is a zoning ordinance, and the complexity of the ordinance were questioned. The basic premise of affordable housing was acknowledged as sound. The comments echoed the HHWNC comments.
New Business: The Committee continued a discussion of the new hillside ordinance and its impact on the repair of upgrade of existing hillside homes. The ordinance has some onerous provisions for upgrades that are triggered by the permit process.
General Comments: There were no general comments.
Future Meetings: It was agreed to meet on the second Monday of the month at the Toluca Lake Sports and Tennis Club at 6:30 p.m.
Public Comment: There was no public comment today.
Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m.
Next meeting: The next meeting will be November 8, 2004.
Respectfully submitted by: Jeff Rouze
- 2021 Neighborhood Council Election Vote-By-Mail Application
- COVID-19 Vaccine Enrollment & Information
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Jan. 20, 2021
- Area 7 / Infrastructure Meeting
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020