Meeting Type: Regular
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) – Volunteer, Learn and Connect to LAFD
Six Monday Nights from 6:30pm to 9pm – October 1st to November 5th, 2018
RSVP CERT Hollywood at EventBrite
7083 Hollywood Blvd, 1st floor – at WeWork – (the entrance to parking structure for the building is on El Centro Place)
Taught by local fireman hero Mitch McKnight. Free food and drinks. Learn how to be ready for emergencies, meet your neighbors and make friends.
Earthquakes · Fires · Power Outage · Terrorism · Public Health Crisis · Adverse Weather ··All Hazards Training ··
CERT Training promotes a partnership between professional emergency services and the people they serve. The goal is for emergency personnel to train members of neighborhoods, community organizations, and workplaces in basic emergency response skills. CERT trained members enhance the emergency response capability of their neighborhoods and workplaces.
If an earthquake, fire or other emergency overwhelms or delays the community’s professional response capabilities, CERT members can assist themselves, their families and others, by applying the basic response organizational skills they learned during training. Following an emergency event, these skills can help save and sustain lives until help arrives. CERT skills also apply to smaller scale daily emergencies.
See you there!
- Area 8 Meeting, Wednesday, April 14, 7:00 PM
- Area 8 Committee Meeting Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- Parks and Open Space Committee Meeting / Area 6 Joint Committee Meeting
- HHWNC Board Meeting – April 21, 2021
- Emergency Renters Assistance Program – Apply March 30th to April 30th
- Hollywood Community Plan Update – Letters
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Jorge Partida on COVID & Mental Health