Please try this link. Testing appointments may be full
See FAQs below:
What are the primary symptoms of COVID-19?
- Difficulty breathing
What should I do if I’m experiencing severe symptoms?
If you or a family member are experiencing severe symptoms, please call your doctor. If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
At this time, testing in L.A. is limited to the most vulnerable Angelenos. Am I eligible for testing?
Residents of Los Angeles in the highest-risk categories are eligible for testing now. This includes Angelenos with COVID-19 symptoms who are:
- 65 and older; or
- Have underlying health conditions including:
- Heart disease
- Chronic lung disease
- Moderate to severe asthma; and,
- People who are immunocompromised, including as a result of cancer treatment
- Angelenos are also eligible for testing if they are subject to a mandatory 14 day quarantine period because they have been exposed to an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19 and have more than 7 days of the 2-week quarantine period remaining.
Is the test invasive?
Some of the tests consists of a nasal swab, collected by a trained professional. At other locations, the test is a mouth swab that the patient can collect themselves.
Can I schedule an appointment if I am not a resident of the City of Los Angeles?
No. Testing is available only for residents of the City of L.A. who meet the eligibility criteria.
How do I check availability to sign up for a test?
To confirm eligibility and search testing appointment availability, go to coronavirus.LACity.org and click on the “Information on Testing” link in the yellow box at the top of the page.
If I make an appointment, when and where is testing being done?
There are currently four drive-through testing sites operating in the City of Los Angeles. When you book your appointment, you will receive a confirmation with the date, time, and location of your appointment, as well as other details.
What do I do if all of the appointments are full?
We are working to continue to add more testing capacity. Please check back to see when additional testing appointments have become available.
How far in advance can I schedule a test appointment?
Test appointments are available for the following day only.
What if there are no appointments available?
Please check back, as appointments will be made available each day for the following day.
How do I cancel my appointment?
You do not need to do anything to cancel your testing appointment. If you do not show up, the test will be reallocated to another Angeleno.
When do I need to arrive for my appointment?
Please arrive at the scheduled time listed on your confirmation email.
Can I have other people in my car when I arrive for testing?
Yes, but please do not expose others if you suspect you are ill. Only those with confirmed appointments will be tested.
Do I need to do anything to prepare for my appointment?
Please do not eat or drink anything 20 minutes before your testing appointment.
What should I do if I do not have access to a vehicle?
At this time, testing is available via drive up only for appointments only. No walk-ups will be accepted, even those with confirmed appointments.
How long will the test take?
The test will take about five minutes, though you may have to wait until a medical professional is available.
Do I have to get out of my car?
No. The tests are drive-thru and can be done while you remain in the vehicle.
How much does the test cost?
The test is free of charge.
How and when will I receive my results?
Test results may take up to five days to get back. Positive result news will be delivered by phone. Negative result news will be delivered by email.
How can I contact the testing site?
At this time, each testing site is facilitating hundreds of appointments every day and cannot respond to direct inquiries. All appointments must be made online. No changes can be made to appointments; to change location or time, a new appointment will be required.
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020
- HHWNC Board Meeting – November 18 (virtual)
- Wednesday, November 11, Hollywood Community Plan Implementation Plan to be discussed in Committees Meeting
- Joint Public Safety and Area 8 Meeting: RYLAN Online – An Introduction
- LAFD West Burueu Newsletter Oct-Dec 2020
- Tuesday, 10/13/2020, Community Discussion on Two Proposed Developments within Cahuenga Pass