Meeting Date: 02/25/15 06:00 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Will and Ariel Durant Library 7140, Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, 90046
Environmental and EMS Joint Meeting
Will and Ariel Durant Library – 7140 Sunset Parking on-site off Detroit
- 1. Call to Order
- 2. Welcome/Introduction
- 3. Presentation and discussion of safety issues for new commercial development
- Attendees are invited to participate in the discussion and develop safety recommendations for presenting to the PLUM Committee's Community Position Paper for Safety.
- 4. Environmental Committee: Discuss and identify environmental and preservation/beautification projects that the committee can implement. Possible motion and vote.
- 5. EMS: Introduce “Map Your Neighborhood” to stakeholders and discuss the preparedness program’s implementation in HHWNC. Map Your Neighborhood is designed to improve disaster readiness at the neighborhood level and teaches neighbors to rely on each other during the hours or days before fire, medical, police or utility responders arrive. For more information go to http://mil.wa.gov/emergency-management-division/preparedness/map-your-neighborhood
- 6. Public Comments
- 7. Adjournment
Environmental and EMS/Police/Fire Joint Meeting
The joint meeting of Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council’s Environmental and EMS Committees was called to order at 6:05 pm by Dietrich Nelson, EMS Chair. The meeting was turned over to Carl Ripaldi, Environmental Chair.
Carl discussed the need to select an environmental, preservation or beautification project. Some of the suggestions included assisting in the replanting and maintenance of the Hollywood Gateway Pocket Park at Franklin and Cahuenga, repainting the 11 antique light posts in Whitley Heights, develop a plan and possible design to beautify the two freeway underpasses at Cahuenga and Odin.
Stakeholders in attendance suggested involving the Department of Transportation to assist in the beautification of the underpasses to determine the opportunities available and possibly involve art student competition. It was suggested that the neighborhood association of Whitley Heights become involved in painting the light poles which will be discussed at the next meeting.
The meeting was then turned over to Dietrich Nelson, EMS Chair, who discussed the implementation of “Map Your Neighborhood” which has begun in Nichols Canyon involving two groups of 20 homes. “Map Your Neighborhood” was created by Washington State’s Emergency Services Department several years ago and has proved to be an excellent method of preparing neighbors to identify skills of individuals in emergencies and empowering them to work together. The program will be expanded and hopefully rolled out throughout the Neighborhood Council over the next few years.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:20 pm.
- Area 7 / Infrastructure Committee Meeting
- Meet the HHWNC Candidates with Q&A Feb. 24th at 7pm
- Vote by Mail Information
- Housing and Public Safety Committee Meeting
- HHWNC Board Meeting – February 17, 2021
- Social Justice Ad Hoc Committee Meeting
- 2021 Neighborhood Council Election Vote-By-Mail Application