Meeting Date: 01/19/11 05:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Executive Board Meeting
Women’s Club of Hollywood
1749 North La Brea AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90046
- Call to order by President (Anastasia Mann)
- Roll call by Secretary (Khaled Kaawar)
- Minutes – Review and approve prior August 23, 2010 minutes (5 minutes)
- Review of Agenda for upcoming Full Board Meeting, January 19, 2011 at 6:30pm (5-10 mins)
- Treasurer’s Report by Michael Meyer (10 minutes)
- By Laws- Discussion of revision process
- Discussion re: Candidates forum pre March city elections.
- Review of Committees
- Positions on city issues (i.e. garage leases, libraries, etc)
- OTHER – Topics from Exec Committee members
- New Business
- Public Comments
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Executive Committee may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Executive Committee, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by an Executive Committee member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then an Executive Committee member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
January 19, 2011
Women’s Club of Hollywood 1749 North La Brea Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Call to order by President Anastasia Mann at 5:40 p.m.
- Roll call by Secretary: Anastasia Mann, Orrin Feldman, Khaled Kaawar, Michael Meyer, and Aaron Rogers. Full board was in attendance.
- Minutes – (Mann/Rogers) moved to accept the Executive Board meeting minutes of August 23, 2010 as revised. The motion carried.
- Review of Agenda for upcoming Full Board Meeting, January 19, 2011: Anastasia informed the board that Wayne Johansson has submitted his resignation. The executive committee accepted his resignation. The opening for his seat will be posted for 60 days. The board also reviewed additions and changes to the Board Meeting agenda.
- Treasurer’s Report: Michael Meyer informed the Executive Board that there is $51,873 available for the fiscal year minus three items that have been approved for expenditures.
- By Laws- The Board discussed the Bylaws revision process and potential changes that may be needed under DONE.
- Candidate’s forum pre March city elections. Anastasia suggested HHWNC host candidates at the regular board meeting in February rather than holding a separate event. Each candidate will get five minutes to speak.
- Review of Committees: Committee issues were reviewed.
- Positions on city issues (i.e. garage leases, libraries, etc): Anastasia asked the Executive Board whether they were in favor of taking a stand on hot button issues. The Executive Board felt HHWNC should take a stand on issues such as the proposed garage leasing by the City as it would affect Hollywood.
- OTHER – Topics from Exec Committee members:
- HHWNC Board Meeting – April 21, 2021
- Emergency Renters Assistance Program – Apply March 30th to April 30th
- Hollywood Community Plan Update – Letters
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Jorge Partida on COVID & Mental Health
- Air travel and COVID – From Boeing
- Community & Youth Relations Meeting with Guest Speaker Dr. Jorge Partida, LACDMH
- HHWNC Board Meeting – March 17 at 6pm