Meeting Date: 04/11/06 04:00 PM

Meeting Type: Regular

Location: Hollywood City Hall
Small Conference Room
6501 Fountain Avenue
Hollywood

Details: HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
Executive Committee

April 11, 2006
4:00pm

AGENDA

1) ROLL CALL

2) APPROVAL OF JANUARY 4, 2006 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES (Possible vote)

3) TREASURER’S REPORT (Possible vote)

4) DISCUSS UPDATE ON RUNYAN CANYON PARKING

5) DISCUSS UPDATE ON HOLLYWOOD COMMUNITY PLAN

6) DISCUSS POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR AREA 6 CHAIR

7) UPDATE ON HHWNC HOLLYWOOD & HIGHLAND EVENT AND DISCUSS BUDGET (Possible vote)

8) FINALIZEAD HOC COMMITEES FOR BYLAWS AND ELECTIONS (Possible vote)

9) DISCUSS OUTREACH EFFORT FOR HOLLYWOOD BEAUTIFICATION TEAM (HBT) EVENT (Possible vote)

10) GENERAL COMMENTS

11) PUBLIC COMMENT

12) ADJOURN

HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
Executive Committee
April 11, 2006
APPROVED MINUTES
Hollywood City Hall Field Office
6501 Fountain Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
4:00pm

1. CALL TO ORDER & ROLL CALL
Orrin Feldman, Vice President, called the meeting to order at 4:21pm.

Present: Orrin Feldman, Vice President; Jennifer Fitzgerald, Secretary; Gary Nestra, Treasurer

Public Present: Christine Jerian (DONE); Mike Cathey from the Mayor’s Office

Absent: Anastasia Mann, President; Ellen Sondheim, Parliamentarian

2. APPROVAL OF JANUARY 4, 2006 EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MINUTES
MOTION by Gary: That the HHWNC Executive Committee approve the January 4, 2006 Executive Committee Minutes.
SECOND: Jennifer
VOTE: Passed unanimously

3. TREASURER’S REPORT
Gary discussed the serious problems making ATM withdrawals from the HHWNC’s bank account at Bank of America. HHWNC is only allowed to do one transaction every 30 days. If the treasurer checks the balance of the bank account, that counts as the one transaction for the 30 days. We need a better system because all NCs are having this problem and it’s embarrassing not to be able to pay our creditors, including our Board members for expense reimbursements, in a timely manner.
Christine told the Committee that DONE is looking into moving the accounts from Bank of America to Citibank, which may help solve the problem(s). The neighborhood councils’ accounts at Bank of America are a “hybrid account”, which may be responsible for part of the problem(s). Christine suggested Gary contact Lisa Sarno, the Assistant General Manager and Acting Director at DONE, to try and get some help, which Gary agreed to do.

4. DISSCUSSION ON UPDATE ON RUNYAN CANYON PARKING
No discussion. This item is no longer scheduled to be on the Special Meeting agenda.

5. DISCUSSION ON UPDATE ON HOLLYWOOD COMMUNITY PLAN
There will be a presentation by the Planning Department’s City Planner, Mary Richardson, at the Special Meeting on April 20.

6. DISCUSSION ON POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR AREA 6 CHAIR
Steve Howard of Area 6 would like to run for the position. We will vote to fill Area 6 Chair at the next regular Board meeting.

7. UPDATE ON HHWNC HOLLYWOOD & HIGHLAND EVENT AND DISCUSS BUDGET
All of the Hollywood & Highland complex’s restaurants have signed on to participate in the event on June 1. We are waiting to hear back if the Hollywood United, Central Hollywood and Hollywood Studio District Neighborhood Councils would like to be a part of the event. We decided to not extend an invitation to other non-Hollywood Neighborhood Councils to become event sponsors at this time, but may revisit this issue at a later date.

8. FINALIZE AD HOC COMMITEES FOR BYLAWS AND ELECTIONS
Orrin and Jarone Johnson are the two By Laws Committee members, and they will meet on April 19 to begin discussing the revision of HHWNC By Laws. Joan Luchs has resigned from the committee. Anastasia appointed Michael Meyers as the Chair for the Elections Ad Hoc Committee.

9. DISCUSSION AND VOTE ON OUTREACH EFFORT FOR HOLLYWOOD BEAUTIFICATION TEAM (HBT) EVENT
MOTION by Jennifer: That the HHWNC Executive Committee recommends the Board approve the payment of $1,000 towards this year’s HBT dinner, subject to the President’s discretion as to negotiating dinner tickets, an outreach table and anything else she might wish to obtain from HBT.
SECOND: Gary
DISCUSSION: The issue of past authorized contributions to HBT in previous years being paid to HBT was raised, and it was decided that Gary would look into whether the contributions have been paid and make good on the contributions if those contributions were still unpaid pledges.
VOTE: Passed unanimously

10. GENERAL COMMENTS
Christine informed the Committee that the City is now doing business with Apple One instead of PDQ.

14. PUBLIC COMMENT
Orrin, Christine, Gary and Mike Cathey discussed the issue of how to accomplish an intra-department transfer for the approved $1,000 for food and beverages to the Big Sunday budget. It was concluded that Jennifer will post the minutes from the March Board meeting stating that this motion was approved, then Gary will complete a demand warrant form to transfer the funds, get the second signature required on the demand warrant, and Mike will provide the account number to Gary for where the intra-departmental transfer is supposed to go.

15. ADJOURNMENT

MOTION by Gary to adjourn Executive Committee meeting.
SECOND: Jennifer
VOTE: Passes unanimously

Meeting adjourned at 5:13pm.

Respectfully submitted by-

Jennifer Fitzgerald
HHWNC Secretary

Menu