Meeting Date: 05/08/14 05:00 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: The Grill on Hollywood, Hollywood & Highland Complex, 6801 Hollywood Blvd #407 Los Angeles, CA 90028
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
May 8th, 2014
The Grill on Hollywood
6801 Hollywood Blvd #407
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Directions: Located in the Hollywood & Highland Complex, 4th Floor. Building is accessible. Parking is available in the underground structure. Parking costs for stakeholders in attendance will be covered.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website www.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected]
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO:
POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING A BOARD MOTION AND
VOTING ON THE MOTION.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
- Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
- Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos
- Discussion of HHWNC Standing Rules and identification of process to update them
- Fiscal year end budget situation. Potential re-schedule of May HHWNC Board meeting if vote on Demand Warrant(s) needed before May 15
- Discussion of next fiscal year budget priorities in anticipation of need to adopt a budget at June HHWNC Meeting
- Training issues.
- Discussion of general items and new concepts for new Board, training issues and enforcing meeting requests
- Public Comments – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
- Old Business
- New Business
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
May 8th, 2014
The Grill on Hollywood, 6801 Hollywood Blvd #407, Los Angeles, CA 90028
Minutes of Ex Comm. Board Meeting
1. Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann at 5:13 p.m.
2. Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos: Anastasia Mann, Cyd Zeigler, Kathy Bañuelos, Michael Meyer, and Malena Patel, plus Barbara Witkin.
3. HHWNC Standing Rules: The board reviewed the Standing Rules and identified changes that are needed. Discussions included procedures for updating the website, timeframes for posting meetings at different locations, rules regarding Area Committee chair voting privileges, advance notice to the Treasurer for any reimbursements, scheduling meetings at facilities that don't charge a fee, and rules relating to scheduling required meetings.
4. Fiscal year end budget situation. Michael updated the Executive Board about monies remaining in the budget that need to be allocated by May 20th. Discussion of next fiscal year budget priorities in anticipation of need to adopt a budget at June HHWNC Meeting. Items highlighted for possible spending included: shopping bags, pens, and additional website work.
5. Training issues. Discussion of general items and new concepts for new Board, training issues and enforcing meeting requirements. The executive board discussed the training manual and the possibility of using a buddy system for board members for trainings.
Requirements pertaining to meetings will be reiterated at the next board meeting.
7. Public Comments – None.
8. Potential re-schedule of May HHWNC Board meeting if vote on Demand Warrant(s) needed before May 15: The Executive Committee decided against this.
9. Old Business: Michael suggested holding the Executive Committee meeting on the same night as the regular board meeting, a half hour before.
10. New Business: Michael will ask board members what kind of food they prefer for the meetings.
11. Adjournment: 6:43 p.m.