Notes from the panel discussion by officials from the cities of Malibu & Bell Canyon. Please verify the accuracy if sharing.
- They are considering using sirens in the neighborhood in the future for notification.
- 250k evacuated in less than 24hrs, PCH became jammed, but it was a safe place to be.
- Lost 1,600 homes (needs to be verified).
- Educate everyone on what happens during disaster events.
- Be an asset (by being educated, ready and evacuating when asked), not a liability (requiring a fireman to leave a fire to rescue people that stayed behind).
- Always have an AM radio nearby and be signed up with the alert apps. https://emergency.lacity.org/notifyla https://www.lacity.org/blog/download-shakealertla-earthquake-early-warning-app-now
- Be careful of power lines on roads.
- All plans will need to be fluid and change once disasters begin, monitor the radio for emergency notifications.
- 2021 Neighborhood Council Election Vote-By-Mail Application
- COVID-19 Vaccine Enrollment & Information
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Jan. 20, 2021
- Area 7 / Infrastructure Meeting
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020