Meeting Date: 6/23/16 6:00 pm
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Will and Ariel Durant Branch Library 7140 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Welcome and general comments.
- Consider approving minutes of committee’s meeting on June 8, 2016.
- Discussion of organizational matters for the committee.
- Vice chair position: possible election of a vice chair if the committee’s members choose to do so at this meeting.
- 2048 and 2052 Curzon Avenue –
The applicant proposes to build two single family homes. The proposed project for 2048 Curzon is a two story single family home of 1,663 square feet with three bedrooms, two and one-half baths and a roof deck; the maximum height would be 39’ 9”. The proposed project for 2052 Curzon is a two story single family home with two bedrooms and two and one-half baths and a roof deck; the maximum height would be 48’, 11”.
The two lots are highly constrained by a towering retaining wall built by a previous owner.
Several discretionary entitlements are being requested in order to ﬁt the two proposed houses into the available build able area(s) of the lots. Those discretionary requests are for adjustments and variances to provide (i) additional heights than otherwise would be permitted, (ii) additional retaining walls, and (iii) front and side yard setback reductions.
Signiﬁcant amounts of grading and haulage routes also are part of the proposed project.
Renee Schillaci will present the proposed projects on behalf of the applicant.
HHWNC’s PLUM committee recommends that HHWNC’s board of directors supports the proposed project(s), including the requests for the discretionary entitlements.
- 2864 Cahuenga East Boulevard –
On July 10, 2015, Behzad Farat ﬁled an application with the City’s Planning Department to develop a large area on the east side of Cahuenga Boulevard south of Barham Boulevard. The proposed project was to build 250 apartments in two buildings with one uniﬁed parking structure as well as 72 separate townhomes.
On May 13, 2016, the Los Angeles City Council voted rescind a prior recommendation to change the zoning for the parcels (Assessor Parcel Nos. 5577-016-001 an 002) which would have been required to build the proposed project. City Council File No. 14-1479.
Currently, the parcels are zoned RE 40-1-H, which means that a single family house could be built on any lot of 40,000 (or more) square feet.
Mr. Farat’s representative, Athena Novak, has asked HHWNC to re-consider whether the zoning for the parcels is appropriate, and whether HHWNC would be willing to recommend and/or support a proposed project there of 250 affordable housing units.
There is no actual application which has been ﬁled for a project of 250 affordable housing units. So, this will be a hearing to consider the general concept and make general recommendations to the HHWNC board of directors (if the committee chooses to do so). Because there is no actual application on ﬁle, there is no actual proposed project and no proposed motion on the agenda prior to actually hearing Ms. Novak. This will be a discussion about a “concept” proposal”, which we would not want to prejudge (with a proposed motion) until we have an opportunity to hear about it.
- Public comments on non-agendized items.
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020
- HHWNC Board Meeting – November 18 (virtual)
- Wednesday, November 11, Hollywood Community Plan Implementation Plan to be discussed in Committees Meeting
- Joint Public Safety and Area 8 Meeting: RYLAN Online – An Introduction
- LAFD West Burueu Newsletter Oct-Dec 2020
- Tuesday, 10/13/2020, Community Discussion on Two Proposed Developments within Cahuenga Pass