Meeting Date: 02/06/13 05:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Will & Ariel Durant Library, 7140 Sunset Blvd.
Details: 1. Welcome, introductions and general comments on the PLUM Committee's operations by the committee's chairperson.
2. Review the draft minutes of the committee's meeting held on January 9, 2013. The draft minutes are posted and available for your review on this website under the committee's meetings archive.
3. 1815 Cahuenga Blvd: The Yucca Market – The market has applied to the Cty's Planning Department ot upgrade it's conditional use permit from allowing the sale of just beer and wine to a full line of alcoholic beverages for off-site consumption. The market also has applied to expand the hours of operation for selling liquor by one hour. The market's current hours of operation are from 8am to 10 am daily, and the applicant is proposing to expand the hours of operation until 11 pm.
Karo Muradyan, the market's owner, will be making the presentation.
The Planning Department's case no. is ZA 2012-2761(CUB).
4. 6541 Hollywood Blvd. The Houston Brothers, JT Fox and David Jarrett will be back to continue discussing 1727 Houston Hospitality LLC's appplication to the City's Planning Department for a conditional use permit (Type 47) to continue selling a full line of alcoholic beverages at Jane's House. It's a proposal for a restaurant and lounge; the proposed hours of operation would be from 11 am to 2 am daily.
Adolfo Suaya is the owner of Jane's House.
The Planning Department's case no. is ZA 2012–2991-CUB.
5. An informational and educational discussion of Master Land Use Applications for Conditional Use Pemits for 3 or more restaurant/lounge/club operations at any one site, which will be lead by Lee Rabun.
6. Public comments on any non-agendized items.
The committee's next meetings are scheduled to be on wednesday, March 6, 2013 and on wednesday, April10, 2013. Both meetings will be from 5:30 pm to 7:50 pm in The Durant Library's community room.
PLUM Committee members Jeff Papes, Joshua Kopel, Mary Prange and Robin Moreno were present. Barbara Witkin also attended as the area 7 chair, but there were no area 7 items on the agenda. Orrin Feldman was absent in order to represent HHWNC at a regional DONE working group meeting. Jim Geoghan was absent.
There was a quorum of the voting members of the committee present.
There were approximately 7 additional people at the meeting.
Jeff Papes, as the committee's vice chair, called the meeting to order.
The committee reviewed the draft minutes of its January 9th meeting. The minutes were approved unanimously.
1. Lee Rabun spoke for approximately a half hour about master conditional use permit application cases. Questions and a discussion followed his presentation.
2. 6541 Hollywood Blvd. – JT Fox, David Jarrett, Mark Houston and Jonnie Houston gave a progress report on their proposal for renovating and readapting Jane's House. A stakeholder raised questions about how their operation would work in terms of traffic and noise level conditons at the site. With Joshua Koppel recusing himself, the committee did not have a quorum to take a vote on this item at this meeting. The item will be rescheduled for the PLUM committee's March meeting.
The Planning Dept.'s case no. is ZA 2012-2991-CUB.
3. 1815 Cahuenga Blvd. – The Yucca Market's operator, Karo Muradyan, attended to discuss his appication to upgrade the market's CUP from selling just beer and wine for off-isite consumption to selling a full line of alcoholic beverages for off-site consumption and expanding the market's hours of operation by one hour until 11 om daily.
The committee voted unanimously to recommend to the HHWNC that the board should support the application.
The Planning Dept.'s case no. is ZA 2012-2761(CUB).
4. The meeting adjourned at 7:20 pm.
The next PLUM Committee meeting is scheduled for wednesday, March 6th at the Durant Public Library's community room from 5:30 to 7:50 pm.
- CD4 Virtual Candidate Forum
- Housing Chair Vacancy
- Executive Committee Special Meeting
- HHWNC Virtual Board Meeting- Wed. Sept. 16, 2020
- PLUM Committee & Ad Hoc Hollywood Community Plan Committee Joint Meeting – 9/9/2020
- PLUM Committee Meeting (virtual) – Sept. 2, 2020 @ 6pm
- Hollywood Hills PARTY HOUSE VIRTUAL TOWN HALL MONDAY 5:30 pm With CD4 Councilmember David Ryu