Meeting Date: 9/28/17 6:00 pm
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Durant Library, 7140 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
This is a follow-up meeting to our August 24th meeting where LADOT presented a proposal to make Del Zuro and part of La Cuesta one-way streets. Please see the PDF attachment below for a map showing LADOT’s proposal. If you are not able to attend the meeting but would like to submit comments in advance to be read at the meeting, please send them to [email protected]
You can view the minutes from the August 24th meeting here: http://www.hhwnc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Transportation-Minutes-082417.pdf
What is being considered and why?
The Los Angeles Department of Transportation has proposed making part of La Cuesta into a one-way street going northbound and making Del Zuro into a one-way street going southbound. This proposal was initially made at an August 24th joint Area 6 and Transportation meeting where initial stakeholder feedback and comments were heard. The proposal is a response to concerns raised by local stakeholders at a June 15th Area 6 and Transportation meeting, including 1) increased cut-through traffic in the area, 2) danger to pedestrians from traffic and vehicle speed, 3) the number of vehicle accidents in the area, and 4) the impact of traffic on emergency services ability to reach homes and residents in the area.
You may have received emails from various parties about the proposal. Please be aware that some of these emails have included misleading or false information regarding the proposal and what’s happened up to this point. Here are the facts:
- The one-way street proposal was developed solely by the Los Angeles Department of Transportation based on stakeholder concerns, LADOT traffic counts done in the area and a Bureau of Street Services geotechnical study of streets in the area.
- Two public HHWNC meetings have been held with local stakeholders about traffic and public safety concerns in the La Cuesta, Lisco, Del Zuro and Desmond Estates – the first on June 15th (when initial stakeholder concerns were raised with LADOT) and the second on August 24th (when LADOT made their proposal).
- The previous HHWNC meetings were posted on the HHWNC and DONE websites, and emails were sent about both meetings to all stakeholders subscribed to the HHWNC Area 6 list (approximately 225 people).
- No HHWNC committee or body (not Transportation, not Area 6 and not the HHWNC Board) has taken a position on the proposal up to this point. The one-way street proposal was not suggested by or advanced by the HHWNC Transportation Committee or any member of the HHWNC board.
- Parks and Open Space Committee Meeting / Area 6 Joint Committee Meeting
- HHWNC Board Meeting – April 21, 2021
- Emergency Renters Assistance Program – Apply March 30th to April 30th
- Hollywood Community Plan Update – Letters
- Guest Speaker: Dr. Jorge Partida on COVID & Mental Health
- Air travel and COVID – From Boeing
- Community & Youth Relations Meeting with Guest Speaker Dr. Jorge Partida, LACDMH