Meeting Date: 04/28/07 08:00 AM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: The Youth Development, Education and Recreational Resources Committee will meet inside the Fuller gate at Runyon Canyon to participate in Big Sunday – day of service. We’re hoping for a great turnout to clean up litter and dog poop in the park, as these are two of the primary concerns in Runyon. Please email Deana Ruggieri at [email protected] if you will attend! Thank you for participating!
Details: On Saturday April 28th for “Big Sunday” this committee was happy to participate in the Mayor’s Day of Service and clean up Runyon Canyon! Over 45 volunteers stopped at our table, put on a Big Sunday t-shirt, grabbed gloves, a bag, and a bottle of water and headed for the hills. Thank you for your participation!!
We were grateful to collaborate with Susan Kim, Area Director of Neighborhood Services, mayor’s office, Javier Solis, Senior Maintenance Supervisor, Parks & Recreation, Ranger Pete Steur, Parks & Recreation, Dottie Zold, Business Director Woman’s Club of Hollywood and GROWTH Foundation to pull together the clean up project.
It was a wonderful community effort. Staff members from Parks & Recreation and Dept. of Sanitation were incredibly helpful. Thanks to you for your very hard work. Temple Israel was kind to replenish our supply of Big Sunday t-shirts when we ran out. Way to go! Thanks to board members Wayne Johanssen for volunteering, and to Rick Soloman for helping us get fliers in the kiosks.
Outreach was directed to well over 20 local youth service providers and others. Some were already involved in Big Sunday projects, others were kind to distribute fliers and information to students/teachers/parents, and others didn’t respond to our outreach at all. We invite all area youth service providers to join us for our next project.
The Youth Development, Education and Recreational Resources Committee will be scheduling a meeting in June to plan the next project to connect our community. Stay tuned to the website for date and agenda.
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020
- HHWNC Board Meeting – November 18 (virtual)
- Wednesday, November 11, Hollywood Community Plan Implementation Plan to be discussed in Committees Meeting
- Joint Public Safety and Area 8 Meeting: RYLAN Online – An Introduction
- LAFD West Burueu Newsletter Oct-Dec 2020
- Tuesday, 10/13/2020, Community Discussion on Two Proposed Developments within Cahuenga Pass