George Mathew owns 7681 Willow Glen.
Mr. Matthew is asking the City’s Planning Department for approval to demoish the existing 1712 square foot single family house there and construct a new 3-story house (7,339 square feet) with a new attached 3-car garage and a new pool. The total proposed construction would be 8,819 square feet.
The existing house’s height is 21′ 11″. The proposed house’s height would be 30′.
The proposed project would require approximately 3,830 cubic yards to be cut from the hill, and that would be the area near and along Willow Glen. The hilside there would be replaced largely with a cement foundation for the new house. 840 cubic yards would be used as fill, but 2,460 cubic yards would be exported.
Five protected oak trees would be removed.
The Mulholland Design Review Board (MDRB) will hold a public meeting on thursday, October 15, 2015, at The Marvin Braude Building in Van Nuys. At the meeting, the MDRB will hear from Mr. Matthew’s representatives as well as anyone who wants to make public comments on the proposed project. The MDRB make recommendations to the Planning Department with regard to the proposed project, including its size and design.
The 10/15 meeting will be the second time the MDRB has considered the proposed project. A copy of the revised proposed project application is attached to this article as a pdf.
The Marvin Braude Building is located at 6262 Van Nuys Blvd., which is at the intersection of Van Nuys Blvd. and Sylvan Street. After 6 pm, there is free parking available under the building. The parking garage entrance is from Sylvan Street; ignore the “no public parking” sign if it’s there. From the garage, take the elevator to the 1st floor. The MDRB meeting will be in the 1st floor conference room(s).
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020
- HHWNC Board Meeting – November 18 (virtual)
- Wednesday, November 11, Hollywood Community Plan Implementation Plan to be discussed in Committees Meeting
- Joint Public Safety and Area 8 Meeting: RYLAN Online – An Introduction
- LAFD West Burueu Newsletter Oct-Dec 2020
- Tuesday, 10/13/2020, Community Discussion on Two Proposed Developments within Cahuenga Pass