Meeting Date: 05/26/11 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: 1749 N. La Brea Ave., LA, CA 90046
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
Women’s Club of Hollywood
1749 North La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Directions: South of Franklin and North of Hollywood Blvd. – Accessibility: Building is accessible through entrance at rear door. Parking: Free Parking is available behind the Women’s Club on the upper level of the parking lot.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website ww.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected]
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO: POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING A BOARD MOTION AND VOTING ON THE MOTION.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
1. Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
2. Roll call by Acting Secretary, Aaron Rogers
3. President’s Report by Anastasia Mann (10 minutes)
ii.) CD4 –Sharon Shapiro, Field Deputy, Office of Councilmember Tom LaBonge
iii.) CD5 – Jeffrey Ebenstein, Field Deputy, Office of Councilmember Paul Koretz
iv.) CD13 – Angela Motta, Field Deputy, Office of Council President Eric Garcetti
v.) 42nd District-Nichole Carcel, Office of Assemblyman Mike Feuer
vi.) LAPD-Capt. Girmala
4. Vice President’s Report by Orrin Feldman (5 minutes)
5. Report From Ad Hoc Committee on Draft EIR for Hollywood
6. Treasurer’s Report by Michael Meyer (10 minutes)
b. Final FY10/11 Purchase Card Expenditure Motions including but not limited to:
Motion (Barbara Witkin, Cultural & Events Chair) to approve the amount of $815.26 plus shipping for 300 recycle shopping bags and 250 small cooler bags. These items are used as giveaways at events.
7. Parliamentarian, Aaron Rogers
8. Committee Reports (20 minutes)
9. Public Comments – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
10. Old Business
11. New Business
12. Next Meeting-June 22, 2011 at 6:30 pm
PDF Download of this Agenda
PDF Download of Purchase Card Exemption Request Form
PDF Download of HHWNC draft response to the Hollywood Community Plan
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Women’s Club of Hollywood
1749 North La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
1. Call to order by President Anastasia Mann at 6:31 P.M.
Roll call by Acting Secretary, Aaron Rogers: Anastasia Mann, Orrin Feldman, Michael Meyer, Aaron Rogers, Maria Rychlicki, Marcello Robinson, Valorie Keegan, Barbara Witkin, Jarone Johnson Jr, Robin Moreno, Dietrich Nelson, and Donovan Ryan. Daniel Savage arrived late. Absent: Terry Migliaccio, Alison Connell, Bryce Lowery, Eric Paquette, Brian Johnson, Joyce Dyrector and Jonathan Sweet.
2. President’s Report by Anastasia Mann informed the board of several board members whom she had excused. She asked the board to keep the meeting brief as the Women’s Club had another event coming in after their meeting. She informed stakeholders that none of the city officials were expected at this meeting.
3. Minutes: The minutes from the previous May meeting were tabled for the June meeting.
4. Report From Ad Hoc Committee on Hollywood’s Draft EIR: Maria Rychlicki chaired this Committee to draft comments on whether the Environmental Impact Report adequately addresses the Hollywood Community Plan. Maria reviewed the information her committee had put together then the board suggested language changes. (Savage/Meyer) moved that HHWNC approve the letter drafted by the Ad Hoc Committee. The motion carried 11-0-1. (Rogers abstained). Anastasia said that the letter will be completed by Maria with the changes requested then sent to all the individuals indicated.
5. Treasurer’s Report by Michael Meyer
b. Final FY10/11 Purchase Card Expenditure Motions:
(Witkin/Robinson) moved that HHWNC approve the amount of $815.26 plus shipping for 300 recycle shopping bags and 250 small cooler bags. These items are to be used as giveaways at events.” (Mann) suggested a friendly amendment increasing the amount to $1,000.00. The motion carried unanimously.
(Nelson/Witkin) moved, “That HHWNC approve the allocation of $2,000 to purchase ten vests for the Hollywood Division’s Narco Squad.” The motion carried: 11-1-0 (Robinson opposed).
Dietrich requested allocating $500 to upgrade the painting of signage at Runyon Canyon Park. However it since it could not be made on a credit card, the motion did not go forward.
(Robinson/Nelson) moved to approve the HHWNC financial report for the month of May. The motion carried.
6. Public Comments:
John Gallogly of TheatreWest, Hollywood requested $2,500 from HHWNC to bring children from schools in the City to their theatre for two performances. This would benefit about 340 children plus their teachers. TheatreWest is L.A.’s oldest membership-based company and their Children’s Theatre is 27-years old. (Robinson/Ryan) moved to allocate $2,500 to support the Storybook Theater Program at TheatreWest to purchase tickets for children at Gardener Elementary, Valley View and Yucca Rec Center.” The motion carried unanimously. The Youth Chair will follow up on this request.
7. Next Meeting-June 22, 2011 at 6:30 pm to elect candidates for vacant board seats.
8. Adjournment at 7:45 p.m.
Download PDF of Approved Minutes
- CD4 Virtual Candidate Forum
- Housing Chair Vacancy
- Executive Committee Special Meeting
- HHWNC Virtual Board Meeting- Wed. Sept. 16, 2020
- PLUM Committee & Ad Hoc Hollywood Community Plan Committee Joint Meeting – 9/9/2020
- PLUM Committee Meeting (virtual) – Sept. 2, 2020 @ 6pm
- Hollywood Hills PARTY HOUSE VIRTUAL TOWN HALL MONDAY 5:30 pm With CD4 Councilmember David Ryu