Meeting Date: 03/10/10 05:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Women’s Club of Hollywood, 1749 N La Brea Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90046
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
March 10, 2010
Women’s Club of Hollywood
1749 North La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Executive Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Executive Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Executive Committee, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Executive Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Executive Committee. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website ww.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected].
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the Executive Committee in advance of a meeting may be obtained at the meeting and also viewed at our Office located at 1755 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90028, Executive Offices. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact Peggy Sun at 323.856.1214.
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING AN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MOTION
AND VOTING ON THE MOTION.
1. Call to order by President (Anastasia Mann)
2. Roll call by Secretary (Bruce Gorelick)
3. Minutes – Review and approve prior January 29, 2009 minutes (Please see attached)
(Vote) (5 minutes)
4. Review of Agenda for upcoming Full Board Meeting, March 10, 2010 at 6:30pm (5-10 mins) (See attached)
5. Grievance filed by Stakeholder against Board Member
6. Election Issues
7. Other Executive Committee Member Items relating to HHWNC stakeholders….i.e. Status of D.O.N.E.; Budget issues
8. Old Business
9. New Business
10. Public Comments
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Executive Committee may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Executive Committee, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by an Executive Committee member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then an Executive Committee member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
Executive Committee Minutes
March 10, 2010
1749 North La Brea Avenue, L. A., CA 90046
1. Call to order by President (Anastasia Mann) at 5:30 p.m.
2. Roll call by Secretary (Bruce Gorelick): Orrin Feldman, Anastasia Mann, Michael Meyer, and Bruce Gorelick. Jennifer Fitzgerald was absent.
3. Minutes – (Meyer/Feldman) moved to accept the minutes as corrected for the previous board meeting. The motion carried unanimously.
4. New Business: Anastasia asked whether Michael’s items from the previous meeting were dealt with. He said that Area 5 had taken them up rather than the Transportation Committee meeting. Anastasia added Regional Budget Day – that he was going to attend – to the agenda. There was a possibility that Karen Bass would be present at the meeting.
The board discussed the grievance filed against board member Paul Woolsey. Anastasia said she has received several communications from various business owners regarding this same problem. In response, Paul told Anastasia that he had been approached by club owners to help them with permits; however he has always refused and has never presented on behalf of any of these clubs to HHWNC. He also stated that he did not take money from anyone. However, Anastasia advised Paul that the stakeholder has provided her a copy of a check made out to him and endorsed/cashed by him. The grievance is on record with D.O.N.E. and with the City Attorney’s office.
The executive committee requested that Anastasia speak with Paul to encourage him to follow correct board procedures and to take corrective measures with the stakeholder.
5. Election Issues: The executive committee reviewed candidates for the May election. No one is running for Secretary or Parliamentarian.
6. Meeting Adjourned: 6:20 p.m.
Minutes by Pat Kramer, Kelly Services.
- Housing Chair Vacancy
- CD4 Virtual Candidate Forum
- Executive Committee Special Meeting
- HHWNC Virtual Board Meeting- Wed. Sept. 16, 2020
- PLUM Committee & Ad Hoc Hollywood Community Plan Committee Joint Meeting – 9/9/2020
- PLUM Committee Meeting (virtual) – Sept. 2, 2020 @ 6pm
- Hollywood Hills PARTY HOUSE VIRTUAL TOWN HALL MONDAY 5:30 pm With CD4 Councilmember David Ryu