Meeting Date: 7/25/19 6:00 pm
Meeting Type: Special
Location: Universal City Nissan Auto Dealership Conference Room, Level 2 3550 Cahuenga Blvd W, Los Angeles, CA 90068
We had a great meeting! RYLAN is a free service the City of Los Angeles provides neighborhoods to make it easy to connect with your neighbors and prepare for disasters. The City will:
- Provide you with a detailed map of the area they suggest you include (15 to 20 houses or one block)
- Give you a letter to hand out to your neighbors inviting them to the meeting
- Give you a project manager to attend and run your RYLAN meeting
- Be your support all the way through the process
- Help you with practice exercises or drills to give you and your neighbors important experience and also attract more neighbors.
Contact myself, Chandan, or Jaqueline at RYLAN to begin today.
RYLAN = Ready Your LA Neighborhood – A new tool sponsored by the City of Los Angeles to organize the resources and needs of your neighborhood to help you during a disaster.
Disasters overwhelm 9-1-1 emergency responders (medics, fire, & police). Do not expect any emergency services for three days after a disaster event. If you have a crisis —say a loved one is seriously injured—your best source of help will be your neighbors. Organize your neighborhood skills and resources now so you can feel secure.
Preparing for Emergencies and Disasters is easier than you think. Join us for an informative talk about RYLAN with our representative Jackie Koci Tamayo. Meeting takeaways will include:
- All your questions answered about the simple steps you can do to bring RYLAN to your neighborhood
- How to be an information leader and connect your block to emergency services before and after a disaster
- Ways to get basic disaster training opportunities through CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)
- Sample forms explained to help you prepare yourself
Come unload all that media stress and get your questions on emergency preparation answered.
DATE: Thursday, July 25th
TIME: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
PLACE: Universal City Nissan dealership – Conference Room, Level 2
3550 Cahuenga Blvd W, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Paul Jenkins – Public Safety Chair
Chandan St Clare – Area 2 Chair
- 2021 Neighborhood Council Election Vote-By-Mail Application
- COVID-19 Vaccine Enrollment & Information
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Jan. 20, 2021
- Area 7 / Infrastructure Meeting
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020