Wild Life Town Hall
Sponsored by Assemblymember Friedman
An excellent video to learn about why and how to prepare for wild fires.
See the entire video on her Facebook page:
Cal Fire – Excellent presentation of how to prepare your home
Chief Hogan – a great motivational speech by our battalion fire chief.
My Safe LA – Excellent presentation about what a fire looks like.
CAL OES – How the state responds and coordinates resources in emergencies.
California Department of Insurance – Excellent presentation about the details of insurance, how to document belongings in advance and how important it is to have the right amount. You can call them for great forms, any advice and to complain about problems with any insurance-related issues.
General Notes of Interest:
– Do all mowing and weed whacking before 10 am when things are still moist. After 10 am the equipment can spark a fire in dry grass and brush.
–Fires can look like a bomb blast.
-Many people in the City of Paradise are selling their land to speculators at half price because they didn’t have enough insurance to rebuild.
- 2021 Neighborhood Council Election Vote-By-Mail Application
- COVID-19 Vaccine Enrollment & Information
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Jan. 20, 2021
- Area 7 / Infrastructure Meeting
- Hollywood Community Plan Update 2 Virtual Open House & Public Hearing, December 9
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020