Meeting Date: 11/03/03 07:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Toluca Lake Sport Center 2nd Floor Conference Room(#207)
6711 Forest Lawn Drive
Los Angeles CA 90068
Details: ￭ SIGN-IN, WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
￭ REVIEW OF DISCUSSIONS AT 101 FREEWAY CITIZENS ADVISORY COMMITTEE (CAC) MEETINGS
￭ DISCUSS EACH OF THE EXISTING CAC RECOMMENDATIONS AND VOTE ON EACH
￭ DISCUSS OTHER IMPROVEMENT PROPOSALS FOR CAC AND VOTE ON EACH PROPOSAL
￭ PUBLIC COMMENT
￭ PLAN AND SET NEXT MEETING TIME/PLACE
TRAFFIC, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING COMMITTEE
HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
Monday, November 3, 2003
Members present: (CAC designates also members of Area 2’s Citizens Advisory Committee for the 101 Corridor Short and Mid Term Projects Task Force) Corinne Shin Verdery (CAC)- Krista Michaels (CAC)- Anthony Deckoff, Michael Meyer (CAC)- Paul Ramsey (CAC)- Florence Blecker (CAC)- Dan Bernstein (CAC).
Guests: Joan Luchs (CAC)- John Ehnetz, Clare Look-Jaeger of LLG Engineers (Universal Consultant)
Meeting was chair by Dan Bernstein. Minutes were taken by Joan Luchs. Minutes approved 11/17/03.
The following motions were overwhelmingly approved by all the participants who attended. The recommendations were broken down into two categories: Freeway and Arterial Improvements.
1. Add all connectors for the 101/134/170 Freeways
2. Implement safety restrictions on Highland ramp NB to Hollywood Freeway in order to prevent cars from exiting off of the Barham northbound off-ramp. This safety restriction was recommended to be phased in, if and only after No. 3, 12 & 13 are first implemented.
3. Northbound 101 Freeway on ramp from Cahuenga Blvd. East should be lengthened and widened to allow for a two lane on-ramp, north of the Pilgrimage Bridge.
4. Add second lane on the Barham Blvd. SB 101 Freeway off-ramp to provide one left-turn and one right-turn lane onto Cahuenga Blvd. West if No. 15 or 16 is installed.
5. Add one HOV lane on the SB Hollywood Freeway on-ramp at Regal Place for a total of three lanes on the on-ramp.
6. Lengthen southbound double left turn lanes on Cahuenga Blvd. West to provide more storage for vehicles entering the SB 101 Freeway at Regal Place.
7. Study southbound on and off-ramps to/from Campo de Cahuenga Way to replace Fruitland southbound on ramp …OR…if determined infeasible…remove the existing median, provide a left turn at the Fruitland on ramp, signalize the intersection and widen on-ramp to two lanes.
8. Study Hollywood Bowl parking structure in order to provide direct ramps to and from southbound freeway.
9. Widen the Highland SB 101 Freeway exit at the point where it merges north of the Pilgrimage Bridge all the way to Odin, creating four lanes on Highland.
10. Provide more queuing area at the Highland SB 101 Freeway off- ramp. Widen ramp to two lanes along Caltrans maintenance property.
11. Study feasibility of adding a new SB 101 Freeway on-ramp from Cahuenga Blvd. West between maintenance yard and the Pilgrimage Bridge in the form of a flyover or a flyunder.
12. Improve Odin/Cahuenga Blvd. East intersection to install signal. See Universal drawing from Volume 5 of the Universal Specific Plan.
13. Add one more lane on Cahuenga Blvd. East from Odin north to Barham Blvd.
14. Investigate installation of acceleration lane from Wonderview onto Cahuenga Blvd. East and add traffic calming measures for existing off-ramp traffic as it merges with Cahuenga Blvd. East and along Cahuenga Blvd. East to Barham Blvd. Potentially relocate the Barham off ramp 100-200 feet south to increase distance between the on ramp and Wonderview. Keep it north of Lakeridge.
15. Add landscaped traffic medians north of Barham Bridge to Regal Place on Cahuenga Blvd. West.
16. Add traffic signal at Bennett Drive and Cahuenga Blvd. West.
17. Highland at Franklin- request update from LADOT on proposed plan in order to raise this intersection to its highest capacity without flyovers. Currently it is a major bottleneck.
18. Going east on Cahuenga Blvd West south of the Barham Bridge, there needs to be two lanes northbound and two lanes southbound with left turn lanes at Mulholland and Oakcrest with pedestrian and bicycle lanes in order to obtain potential funding from safe routes to school.
19. Located south of Barham Blvd.- move Cahuenga Blvd. East closer to the freeway, extending the alley along Cahuenga Blvd East so motorists can more safely back out of existing garages.
20. Along Barham Blvd. at Blair Drive, provide a northbound left turn pocket to Blair Drive and add an eastbound right turn lane from Blair Drive onto southbound Barham Blvd. See Universal drawing.
21. Increase radius for northbound right turns from Universal Studios Blvd. to Cahuenga Blvd. West.
22. Build pedestrian tunnel under Lankersheim Blvd. from MTA Metro Rail Station with adequate security.
23. Study the feasibility of adding a parking structure at the Red Line Station at Campo de Cahuenga in order to improve parking capacity and encourage transit rideship.
- 2020/21 NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE REGISTRATION – NOVEMBER 13 – DECEMBER 28, 2020
- HHWNC Board Meeting – November 18 (virtual)
- Wednesday, November 11, Hollywood Community Plan Implementation Plan to be discussed in Committees Meeting
- Joint Public Safety and Area 8 Meeting: RYLAN Online – An Introduction
- LAFD West Burueu Newsletter Oct-Dec 2020
- Tuesday, 10/13/2020, Community Discussion on Two Proposed Developments within Cahuenga Pass
- HHWNC Board Meeting (Virtual)- October 21