Meeting Date: 07/11/06 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yucca Center
6671 Yucca St.
Details: Area 3 Committee Agenda
Tuesday, July 11th.
6671 Yucca St.
1. Introduction and acceptance of minutes.
2. Discussion of Yucca and McCadden Condo project in light D.S.C. input, historical review, traffic study, and M.N.D. Possible motion and vote on continued support for project.
3. Presentation by King Woods on application for a 24-hour restaurant at 6753 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
4. Presentation by Lee Raybun for the expansion and plan approval of the Montmarte Lounge AKA The Day After, at 6757 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
5. Discussion with representative from Councilman LaBonge’s office on proposed widening of Highland Avenue. Possible motion and vote.
6. Public comment on non-agenda items.
7. Schedule next meeting and adjourn-
Agenda item 1 introductions and minutes tabled.
Agenda item 2 Applicants for Yucca and McCadden Project unable to attend.
Robert Nudelman made motion to withdraw conditinal support for it. Motion
seconded and passed 6 for, 0 against, and 0 abstentions.
Agenda item 3 King Woods presentation on project at 6763 Hollywood Blvd.
mentioned 212 parking spaces and valet parking for this restaurant application.
No d.j. and no nightclub operations 3 level building, need conditional use permit.
Working currently with Police Department on conditions for this ZA 200-3838 CUB
with a type 47 ABC license and a capacity of 646 people. They brought a sample
menu. Bill Becker brought up problems with parking spaces and congestion and
that we need a response from owner on equality to ease problems. Rena Dheming
brought up broken promises on other projects and fact that 24-hour time span
could cause noise and congestion problems. She said we need conditions in writing
and real worries about restaurant becoming a nightclub. This was tabled until
August 8th meeting so that Mr. Woods could bring final conditions and parking plans.
Agenda item 4 Montmarte Lounge/Day After nightclub CUP Plan Approval and
expansion with restaurant addition to back patio discussed with GM Bobby Deleon.
No d.j.’s and no amplified music was agreed to and more work with Police Dept.
for compliance. Cabanas were discussed but Bobby felt that they were too
expensive and likely to become un-sightly. Katherine Woolsey mentioned plant
arbors for noise abatement. Voted to table until August meeting.
Agenda item 5 Discussion on proposed widening of Highland Avenue with
Rafael Villegas referred to us from Tom LaBonge’s office. Mr. Villegas is
a Junior P.E./Civil Engineering Assosciate III Board Of Engineering.
We discussed dangers of widening for pedestrian foot traffic including children-
handicapped, groups of people walking etc. We found out that LADOT is involved
in this project through Council Office. Matter was tabled until August meeting.
Next meeting scheduled for August 8th and meeting was adjourned.
- PLUM Meeting, September 15, 2021
- Area 3 / Area 4 / Housing / Business / Public Safety
- Lawn Be Gone Workshops
- Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council to Hold a Town Hall for Upper Runyon Canyon Parking
- Community Enrichment Chair Vacancy
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Sept. 22 (Dark in August)
- HHWNC Board Meeting – July 21, 2021