Meeting Date: 09/16/08 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
Details: Hollywood Hills Neighborhood Council
Area Committees 3/Business Development, Planning & Support/
Housing & Human Services Issue Committees Joint Meeting
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
6:30PM – 8PM
1) Introduction and acceptance of minutes from previous meeting.
2) Continued presentation by Mr. King Woods on the Powerhouse Bar expansion application for 1716 N. Highland Avenue. (Possible motion and vote.)
3) Discussion of possible and proposed changes to HHWNC By-Laws which may affect Area Committee work on future applications and procedures for handling these. Discussion of possible recommendations to By-Laws Amendment process currently on-going. (Possible motions and votes.)
4) Public discussion of non-agenda items.
5) Schedule next meeting and adjourn.
Approved Minutes of the Area 3, Business, and Housing Meeting on Tuesday, September 16th.
1) Minutes of the August meeting read and approved without amendments.
2) The presentation from King Woods on the proposed expansion of Powerhouse Bar
on Highland Avenue did not occur due to non-appearance. Discussion occurred as
to whether we should table or oppose. Ted Otis stated concerns about historical
facade of the building being changed. Motion was made to table until later meeting.
It passed 7 for, none opposed, and one abstention.
3) Discussion of proposed by-laws changes within HHWNC. Chair Paul Woolsey gave
an overview of how the P.L.U.M. concept is employed in other NC’s, including
Central and Hollywood United. Chair expressed mis-givings about non-democratic
nature of this as opposed to current system in regards to Stakeholders not being
allowed to vote in PLUM meetings. Paul Ramsey, Chair of Housing Committee-
reservations about how Stakeholders would react to losing the right to vote on
projects in their own neighborhoods. Stakeholder Shelley Kiah questioned why
anyone would want to do this. Further discussion went to how Area Committees
would participate in process of land-use applications. Chair Woolsey stated to
group that he had sent numerous requests to other members of By-Laws Committee
for clarification of these concerns but received no direct answers.
At this point Paul Ramsey made motion that we make no changes to the current
system, that if changes were to be made that no PLUM Committee be created-
that by-laws amend
- HHWNC Board Meeting January 19, 2022
- REVISED Bureau of Street Services Committed Projects Feb 2022 Zones I & II
- LAFD West Express Magazine: Jan – Mar 2022
- Area 4 Board Seat Open
- PLUM / Area 3 meeting, January 10, 2021 6:30 PM
- No Board Meeting Month of December – DARK
- Yucca Community Center Classes & Clinics