Meeting Date: 06/05/07 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yamashiro Restaurant
1999 N Sycamore Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Details: MEETING OF THE
HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS/HOLLYWOOD BLVD. AREA COMMITTEE
HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
(Area 4 Committee Meeting)
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
1999 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Parking available – Valet will instruct you to the employee lot.
The meeting room is in the back, on the east (right-hand) side of the building.
1. Sign-in, welcome and brief introductions (call to order and roll call).
2. Review and approval of minutes of previous meeting.
3. Security concerns on Glencoe Way and Camrose Drive. Possible motion and vote.
4. Public comment and any new business for next month’s agenda.
5. Adjournment at 7:15 PM.
Area 4 Committee Hollywood Heights/Hollywood Blvd.
Minutes for the June 5, 2007 Meeting
Location: Yamashiro Restaurant, conference room.
1. A quorum being present, the meeting was called to order at 6:35 p.m.
2. The minutes for the previous meeting were corrected and unanimously approved.
3. Discussion about ongoing efforts to shut down a crime house in Area 4. Two LAPD Senior Lead Officers reported that three drug dealers were arrested at the house (a fourth suspect got away). Together with the new Deputy City Attorney for Hollywood, the SLOs explained that they are doing everything they can but that the legal situation is complex. Given the many health violations at the house, a more promising angle of attack may be through the Dept. of Building & Safety. Stakeholders voted unanimously to ask the HHWNC to pass the following motion at its next board meeting: The Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council wishes to express its firm commitment to the process of code enforcement, especially in those situations where the abatement of a nuisance will necessarily follow, and the HHWNC supports the City Attorney in taking all necessary steps to assure code enforcement with priority to these situations.
4. During public comment, it was requested that the issue of permit parking be placed on next month’s agenda.
5. As there was no further public comment and no additional business to discuss, the meeting was adjourned at 7:40 p.m.
Minutes prepared by Conrad Schoeffter.