Meeting Date: 08/04/03 10:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yamashiro Restaurant, Conference Room
1999 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Details: 1. Sign-in, welcome and introductions (call to order and roll call).
2. Election of Chair
3. Discussion of Area 4 issues applicable to entire Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council.
4. Review and vote on the proposed agreement with Studio City NC to transfer the parcel at 4029 Lankershim Boulevard, sold by Vivendi Universal and commonly known as the “Hotel / Post Office Parcel”.
5. Presentation Area #3 position against Las Palmas Night Club’s appeal of Police Commission denial of permit to operate. Possible motion and vote.
6. Discuss coordination of Area 4 committee meetings with Hollywood Heights Association board meetings (logistics, timing and Brown Act).
7. Public comment and any new business for next month’s agenda.
Note: The Hollywood Heights Association board meeting is held that same evening in the same location and starts at 7:30 pm. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Members Present: Fredrica Cooper, Gonzalo Curiel, Jeff Dossey, Joyce Dyrector, Allan Goldpenny, Victoria Hochberg, June Maltcheff, Arnie Nicholson, Conrad Schoeffer.
Guest: Dan Bernstein, HHWNC President.
Location: Yamashiro Restaurant, Conference Room.
1. A quorum being present, HHWNC President Bernstein called the meeting to order shortly after 8:30 p.m.
2. President Bernstein opened nominations for the position of Area #4 Committee Chair. Conrad Schoeffter was the only nominee. Nominations were closed and Conrad Schoeffter was elected by unanimous voice vote.
3. A discussion was held of Area #4 issues that may be of concern to the wider HHWNC. Possible priorities that were identified are Bowl traffic and Hollywood Blvd. street closures.
4. The suggested transfer of the parcel at 4029 Lankershim Boulevard to the Studio City NC was explained and discussed. A motion to support the proposed Agreement with the Studio City NC was passed by unanimous voice vote.
5. The Area #3 position in support of the Police Commission’s denial of Las Palmas Night Club’s permit to operate was presented and then discussed. A motion to support the denial was passed by unanimous voice vote.
6. Possible ways to coordinate Area #4 Committee meetings with Hollywood Heights Association board meetings were examined. Implications of the Brown Act were discussed. Area #4 Committee meetings are planned for the first Tuesday of every month at the conference room at Yamashiro. Exceptionally however, there will be no meeting next month (September).
7. As there was no further public comment, the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 p.m.
Minutes prepared by Conrad Schoeffter.