Meeting Date: 09/12/06 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
Details: HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
AREA 3, AREA 4, HOUSING AND TRAFFIC JOINT MEETING
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
6:30 P.M. Sharp
1. Introduction and acceptance of minutes.
2. Presentation Cerrel Group and DS Ventures on the Yucca & McCadden condo project now that the project has cleared Design Review Committee. Description: 1714-1736 McCadden Place 1727-1729 Las Palmas Project DS Ventures (bounded by Yucca, McCadden, Las Palmas, and Hollywood Blvd. frontage buildings, “Yucca/McCadden”) 218 total unites (made up of one, two, and three bedroom units) 22 of the units are affordable units. 620+ planned parking spaces subterranean. Possible motion and vote.
3. Presentation by HHWNC Parking and Transportation Chair Dennis Lytton on possibility of opening a second portal to the Hollywood & Highland Red Line Station on McCadden Street with presence of MTA and Line officials. Possible motion and vote.
4. Presentation by Lee Rabun on Plan Approval for the King-King Nightclub at 6515 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
5. Presentation by JPI Group on proposed residential project at 1724 N. Highland; a transit-oriented, mixed-use development of 270 apartments (including 27 affordable and 8 joint live/work units); 8,500 sf ground floor retail commercial, grade level and subterranean parking 755 parking spaces with 436 for residential, 34 retail and 285 for public parking; southeast corner of Highland Ave. and Yucca Street to McCadden Place. Possible motion and vote.
6. Discussion with EMS Police & Fire committee chair, Rena Dheming, on Hollywood Area 3 stakeholder complaints voiced by residents and nightclub owners, regarding illegal hotdog vendors aggravating crowds and illegally vending until 3am in the morning near residential apartments, and vendors’ ongoing disregard of LAPD’s advisement to cease from illegally vending in the area. Possible motion and vote.
7. Public comment on non-agenda items.
8. Schedule next meeting and adjourn.
Area 4 Committee Hollywood Heights/Hollywood Blvd.
Draft Minutes for the September 12, 2006 Meeting
Location: Yucca Community Center.
This was a joint Committee meeting hosted by Area 3 and including “Traffic, Public Transportation and Parking” as well as “Housing and Human Services, Planning and Support.” Area 4 participated because agenda items 2 and 5 directly affect it in several ways including traffic, viewsheds, a.o..
Agenda item 2 concerned the proposed condo tower at 1714 McCadden Place. The developer asks for a zone change from FAR 3:1 to FAR 4.5:1 in order to erect a 110 foot tall (incl. elevator shaft) building in a residential neighborhood slated for 60 foot tall buildings (proposed new Hollywood Community Plan). Area 4 stakeholders overwhelmingly oppose the proposed zone change. There is no reason whatsoever to grant a special permit for a building that is completely out of scale with the Yucca corridor and would set a dangerous precedent for future development. In a combined vote of all participating Committees, however, the position of Area 4 was defeated.
Agenda item 5 concerned the proposed mixed use development at 1724 N Highland. The developer is seeking to build up to a height of 70 feet on a parcel zoned for 60 feet. As this project is still in its infancy, no motion was made at this time and no vote was taken.
Minutes prepared by Conrad Schoeffter.