Meeting Date: 10/20/14 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Las Palmas Senior Center
I. Call to order 6:37pm
II. Approval of Area 3 September 23, 2014 minutes
Not enough Stakeholders who attended September 23, 2014 were present for approval of minutes.
III. Area 4 Planning and Land Use: discussion of ZA 2014-1962(CUW). Verizon Wireless application to install, operate and maintain at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard (Hollywood and Highland) a temporary wireless installation consisting of six antennas and one microwave antennae. Representative Linda Williams to present. http://www.hhwnc.org/files/Documents/PDFs/6801%20Hollywood.pdf
Don Williams explained that Hollywood and Highland does not have enough wireless capacity during the Holiday months for the increased usage. Verizon Wireless is in the process of installing permanent service for just the Hollywood and Highland center usage. That will take approximately 2 years. Until that system is up and running, Verizon Wireless is asking for a temporary wireless system on the roof. 3 Kiosks the size to be 10 feet high and 3×3 wide. It will just be used for 3 months, then taken down.* Stakeholder questioned health issues and Don Williams responded that it only projects 100 watts of power, not enough to reach into the surrounding neighborhoods. Less than a microwave. If approved by Planning Commission they will try for Black Friday (Thanksgiving)
There were no other concerns from Stakeholders.
IV. Area 3: funding for renewal of dog mitt supplies in the amount of $300.00. Motion and vote on recommendation to the board.
Motion passed unanimously.
V. Public Comments: comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Committees' subject matter jurisdiction.
Yucca Community Center requested Winter Party sponsorship from HHWNC to be put on next meeting’s agenda for discussion.
VI. Decision on next meeting date(s) November 17 or 18th 2014
VII. Adjournment 7:35pm
* Subsequent to meeting, Area 4 chair received communication from Milestone Wireless that Verizon would request a longer installation. See link to document. http://www.hhwnc.org/files/Documents/PDFs/Milestone%20update%20to%2010-20-14%20Area%203%2C%20Area%204%20meeting.pdf
- PLUM Meeting, September 15, 2021
- Area 3 / Area 4 / Housing / Business / Public Safety
- Lawn Be Gone Workshops
- Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council to Hold a Town Hall for Upper Runyon Canyon Parking
- Community Enrichment Chair Vacancy
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Sept. 22 (Dark in August)
- HHWNC Board Meeting – July 21, 2021