Meeting Date: 05/16/12 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Women’s Club, 1749 N. La Brea 90046
Details: Forthcoming. Please visit again soon…
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
May 16, 2012 – 6:30 pm
Woman’s Club of Hollywood
1749 North La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Directions: South of Franklin and North of Hollywood Blvd. – Accessibility: Building is accessible through entrance at rear door. Parking: Free Parking is available behind the Woman’s Club on the upper level of the parking lot.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website ww.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected]
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO:
POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING A BOARD MOTION AND
VOTING ON THE MOTION.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
1. Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
2. Roll call by Secretary, Aaron Rogers
3. Minutes – Review and approve Board minutes from April 18, 2012 meeting (Vote) (5 minutes)
4. President’s Report by Anastasia Mann (20 minutes)
a. Public Official Reports
ii.) CD4 –Sharon Shapiro, Field Deputy, Office of Councilmember Tom LaBonge
iii.) CD5 – Jeffrey Ebenstein, Field Deputy, Office of Councilmember Paul Koretz
iv.) CD13 – Angela Motta, Field Deputy, Office of Council President Eric Garcetti
v.) 42nd District-Nicole Carcel, Office of Assemblyman Mike Feuer
vi.) LAPD-Capt. Beatrice Girmala
b. Vacant Area 9 Chair. Posted 1/9/12 on website. 60 Day Posting Period ended on 3/10/12.
c. Vacant Area 2 Chair. Posted 2/29/12. 60 Day Posting Period ended on 4/29/12. Patricia Weber is the only candidate. BOARD VOTE TO FILL SEAT.
d. Vacant Youth Chair. Posted 4/26/12. 60 Day Posting Period ends on 5/25/12.
e. Website Upgrades/Additional funding. POSSIBLE MOTION AND VOTE.
f. Community business
g. Decide next meeting date-June 20, 2012
5. Vice President’s Report by Orrin Feldman (10 minutes)
6. Treasurer’s Report by Michael Meyer (10 minutes)
b. Discussion of 2013 Annual Budget
c. Runyon Canyon Board
MOTION: HHWNC Board authorizes charging up to $50 on the HHWNC Purchase Card for materials to repair the HHWNC Bulletin Boards in Runyon Canyon Park where HHWNC announcements are posted.
7. Secretary’s Report by Aaron Rogers (5 minutes)
8. Parliamentarian’s Report by Scott Campbell (5 minutes)
a. NC Elections Update-
-HHWNC Election set for September 10-16
-Selection vs. Election. MOTION AND VOTE.
-Election Committee including appointing Election Chair. MOTION AND VOTE.
9. Committee Reports (40 minutes)
a. AREA COMMITTEES
-Water Pressure Issues in the Hills
-Report from OHA/Area 5 meeting
ii. Report by Area 3 Chair (Moreno)
BACKGROUND: King – King located at 6553 – 6555 Hollywood Blvd. is going for a CUP renewal with a modification of condition 22 changing the number of security guards from 3 to 1 per 75 patrons in the facility. Also the facility is asking that they be able to drop their parking spots from 110 to 80. At the Area 3 meeting on 5/9/12, a motion was passed to approve the renewal of the CUP and the modifications to the parking from 110 spots to 80 spots pending LAPD approval regarding the security. 10 votes yes and 1 abstention.
MOTION: To approve the renewal of the CUP and the modifications to the parking from 110 spots to 80 spots pending LAPD approval regarding the security.
iii. Report from Area 7 chair (Witkin)
-Update on 1423-1439 North Alta Vista Blvd. zone variance for parking.
BACKGROUND: The attorney representing for the owner Helen Zeff is Robert Glushon of Luna & Glushon. The address of the property is 1423-1439 N. Alta Vista Boulevard. Mr Glushon is coming before the Board for our support in getting the City to approve a zone variance for 3 existing studio apartments that were not properly permitted. He will demonstrate that the building has more than enough parking spaces to accommodate the 3 additional apartments and will also prove that the apartments meet the City codes.
POSSIBLE MOTION AND VOTE.
iv. Reports by Committee Chairs in attendance (Optional)
b. ISSUE COMMITTEES
i. Report by Housing Chair (Robinson)(5 minutes)
ii. Reports by Committee Chairs in attendance (Optional)
10. Public Comments – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
11. Old Business
12. New Business
DRAFT – BOARD MEETING MINUTES
May 16, 2012
Woman’s Club of Hollywood
1749 North La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90046
1. Call to order: 6:41 P.M. by President, Anastasia Mann
2. Roll call by Secretary, Aaron Rogers: Present: Anastasia Mann, Orrin Feldman, Aaron Rogers, Michael Meyer, Scott Campbell, Robin Moreno, Terry Migliaccio, Maria Rychlicki, Marcello Robinson, Valorie Keegan, Alwyn Hight Kushner, Jarone Johnson Jr., Joyce Dyrector, Donovan Ryan, Dietrich Nelson and Barbara Witkin. Quorum of 16 established. Absent: Eric Paquette, Brian Johnson, Alison Connell, Daniel Savage, and Nicole Carcel
3. Minutes – (Migliaccio/Robinson) moved to approve the minutes from the board meeting of April 18, 2012.
4. President’s Report by Anastasia Mann
b. The Area 9 Chair is vacant and available.
c. Area 2: Anastasia announced that candidate Patricia Weber was the sole candidate for the vacant Area 2 Chair seat. The board approved Ms. Weber’s appointment as Area 2 Chair.
d. There is a vacancy for the Youth Chair available in May.
e. Website Upgrades/Additional funding. (Campbell/Feldman) moved that HHWNC allocate an additional $295.00 for website upgrades. The motion carried unanimously.
f. Community business: Valorie announced the closure of Hollywood Boulevard from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. from the 101 to Orange Drive on 5/19/12.. Anastasia suggested the board use: www.navigatehollywood.com for future street closures.
g. For the next HHWNC board meeting Scott will be Recording Secretary as Aaron will be out of town.
5. Vice President’s Report: Orrin Feldman reported a recent Superior Court hearing on litigation regarding the five, vacant Woodstock Road Extension houses.
6. Treasurer’s Report: Michael Meyer reported there is still $4,750 in unallocated funding in the fiscal year budget. Michael submitted the demand warrants for the current fiscal year. June 15th is the last date for purchases on the HHWNC credit card.
Rent Expense: (Ryan/Witkin) moved to pay $600.00 for back rent to the Hollywood Women’s Club from the current budget. The motion carried unanimously.
Financial Report: (Ryan/Nelson) moved to accept the Monthly Financial Report. The motion carried.
Runyon Canyon Board: (Meyer/Ryan) moved that HHWNC Board authorize charging up to $50.00 on the HHWNC Purchase Card for materials to repair the HHWNC Bulletin Boards in Runyon Canyon Park where HHWNC announcements are posted. The motion carried unanimously.
7. Discussion of 2013 Annual Budget: Michael announced that the Mayor’s proposed funding for next year’s NC budgets is $37,000.
8. Secretary’s Report by Aaron Rogers: None.
9. Parliamentarian’s Report: Scott Campbell spoke about the need to allocate carryover funds for the NC Election. (Campbell/ Rychlicki) moved that HHWNC encumber up to $4,000.00 in funding from the current budget for next year’s HHWNC election. The motion carried unanimously.
The board discussed the selection versus election process of electing a board. If there are multiple contested seats, then an election would be the preferred process, whereas, if there are no contested positions, a selection process would be held. Write-in candidates will not be allowed in the next election. (Campbell/Meyer) moved that HHWNC use the selection process for the next election. (Campbell/Ryan) then moved to substitute the previous motion for an election with a mail-in ballot option. The motion to substitute one motion for the other carried: 14-2-0. The board then voted on to hold an election with a write-in ballot. The motion carried: 10-5-1.
Election Chair. Robin Moreno volunteered to serve as the Election chair with Scott, Michael, Terry, and Maria on the Ad Hoc Committee.
10. Committee Reports
a. AREA COMMITTEES
i. Area 5 Chair Jarone Johnson, Jr. reported a problem with high water pressure at the top of the hill. The rep from DPW said the regulators are nearing life expectancy limits. He suggested that DWP’s Infrastructure Committee send a notice to all residents alerting them to this problem as it may cause extensive damage to their water pipes.
ii. Area 3 Chair Robin Moreno alerted the board to Hollywood Club King – King at 6553 – 6555 Hollywood Blvd’s request for a CUP renewal, which Area 3 has voted to renew. King King wants to reduce their parking spaces from 110 to 80 and reduce their security guards from 3 to 1 per 75 patrons.
Area 3 heard a presentation by CIM for a nightclub license at 6531 Hollywood Blvd. at the corner of Hudson. Robin said there were too many unanswered questions for Area 3 to take any action.
iii. Area 7 chair Barbara Witkin gave an update on 1423-1439 North Alta Vista Blvd.’s request for a zone variance for parking. Three of their studio apartments were not properly permitted. Bob Glushon of Luna & Glushon spoke to the board regarding the apartment buildings’ parking spaces.
(Rogers/ Migliaccio) moved that HHWNC not take action on this request for a zone variance for 1423-1439 North Alta Vista Boulevard. The motion carried: 15-1-0.
iv. Reports by Committee Chairs:
b. ISSUE COMMITTEES
i. Housing Chair Marcello Robinson gave an update on the Community Health Fair. Walgreens is participating as a sponsor. American Career College will give health screenings. KROQ will provide light entertainment and four agencies will help with screenings. Whole Foods and Assemblyman Mike Feuer’s office will also be participating.
11. Public Comments:
- Bob Manning, a stakeholder, asked for information on the Yucca Street project regarding transportation.
- Adrin Nazarian, candidate for the 46th State Assembly, introduced himself. He has worked with Congressman Brad Sherman, Gray Davis, Tom LaBonge, and Paul Krikorian when he served in the State Assembly.
12. Old Business: None.
13. New Business: The EmpowerLA (DONE) has issued a Certificate of Appreciation to HHWNC on their 10th anniversary.
14. Adjournment: A motion was made to adjourn at 8:33 p.m.
-Minutes by Pat Kramer, Kelly Services-
Download PDF of DRAFT Minutes
- HHWNC Board Meeting January 19, 2022
- REVISED Bureau of Street Services Committed Projects Feb 2022 Zones I & II
- LAFD West Express Magazine: Jan – Mar 2022
- Area 4 Board Seat Open
- PLUM / Area 3 meeting, January 10, 2021 6:30 PM
- No Board Meeting Month of December – DARK
- Yucca Community Center Classes & Clinics