Meeting Date: 06/18/14 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Bonhams & Butterfields 7601 West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90046
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
June 18, 2014
Bonhams & Butterfields
7601 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Directions: East of N. Fairfax Ave and West of N. La Brea Ave of Hollywood Blvd. Building is accessible and free parking is available behind the building.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website www.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected]
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO:
POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING A BOARD MOTION AND
VOTING ON THE MOTION.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
- Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
- Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos
- Minutes – Review and approve Board minutes from May 28, 2014 meeting (MOTION AND VOTE) (5 minutes)
President’s Report by Anastasia Mann (15 minutes)
- Public Official Reports
- CD13 – Dan Halden, Office of Councilman Mitch O’Farrell
- CD4 –Sharon Shapiro, Field Deputy, Office of Councilmember Tom LaBonge
- Mayor’s Office, Yeghig Keshishian, Central Area NC Rep.
- 43rd Assembly District, Rep. from the Office of Assemblyman Mike Gatto
- 46th Assembly District, Bill Hacket, Office of Assemblyman Adrin Nazarian
- 50th Assembly District, Office of Assemblyman Richard Bloom
- Motion and Vote to approve proposed changes to standing rules
- Refresh discussion on Joint Committee Meetings
- L.A. River Project: Whitsett Avenue to Riverside Drive – Stakeholder Updates and Request for Input
- Discussion re meeting with Kerry Morrison re Hollywood Property owners/biz update (Anastasia Mann)
- Discussion re pending City Council motion (CF 13-1493) to permit the sale of food and merchandise by street vendors on City sidewalks and parkways
- Hollywood Neighborhood Prosecutor Community Meeting on July 16
- Confirm next meeting date: July 16, 2014
- Vice-President’s Report (Cyd Zeigler) (5 minutes)
Treasurer’s Report (Michael Meyer) (10 minutes)
- Motion and Vote to approve monthly expenditures report
- Motion and Vote to approve Michael Meyer, Treasurer, and Anastasia Mann, President, as first and second signatories on the HHWNC City of Los Angeles-issued checking account.
- Discussion and adoption of FY 15 annual budget (MOTION AND VOTE)
- Update on Dorothy J and Benjamin B Smith Park; Construction begins this summer
Parliamentarian’s Report (Malena Patel) (5 minutes)
- Monthly report on committee meetings
- Secretary’s Report (Kathy Bañuelos) (5 minutes)
- Committee Reports
Area 5 Committee (Carmen Libaridian/Michael Meyer)
- Enforcement of Mulholland Scenic Parkway Specific Plan DRB Conditions of Approval: The attached letter was submitted to Councilmembers LaBonge, Koretz and Kerkorian and copied to Bel Air/Beverly Crest NC and the Hillside Federation. HHWNC is awaiting a report back from the City on the lack of enforcement of Mulholland Scenic Parkway Specific Plan requirements.
Youth Committee (Annie Gagen)
- The Youth Committee requests the HHWNC Board of Directors allocate all or some of the funds requested by The Hollywood Arts Council, in the amount of $1,000 to $1,500, for the rental of the stage and tent for their Annual Children's Festival of the Arts, to be held Aug., 10, 2014 at Paramount Studios. (Discussion, Motion and Vote)
- Public Comments – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
- Old Business
- New Business
Mulholland Scenic Parkway Letter to Councilmen LaBonge, Koretz, Kerkorian:
Los Angeles, CA 90028-8911
(See attachement below for downloading)
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 18, 2014
Bonhams & Butterfields
7601 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann at 6:32 p.m.
Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos: Board Members present: Anastasia Mann, Cvd Zeigler, Kathy Bañuelos, Michael Meyer, Jim Geoghan, Annie Gagen, Oren Katz, JoAnn Koplin, Dietrick Nelson, Carl Ripaldi, Robin Moreno, Brian Dyer, Carmen Libaridian, Joyce Dyrector, Grant Wallensky, Sean BenAroya, Orrin Feldman and Patricia Weber. Absent: Rick Cullen, Malena Patel, Stacey Kenyon, and Barbara Witkin. Quorum established.
- Minutes – (Bañuelos/Nelson) moved to approve the minutes as revised from the May 28, 2014 board meeting. The minutes were approved.
President’s Report by Anastasia Mann
- Public Official Reports
- CD13 – Dan Halden, Office of Councilman Mitch O’Farrell, said they are speaking to all of the tour operators to review the rules about doing business. He also reviewed a meeting with DOT about bike lanes and other transportation issues.
- Standing Rules: Michael clarified what the Standing Rules are for and the changes proposed by the Executive Committee. This includes reimbursements for printing, voting at PLUM Committee meetings by Area Chairs, assignment of voluntary tasks, and eligibility requirements as set by DONE. (Mann/Meyer) moved that the Standing Rules be accepted as revised. The motion carried.
- Joint Committee Meetings: Anastasia reviewed the benefits of hosting Joint Committee Meetings. Board members cannot discuss business via email or phone between 5 or more people.
- L.A. River Project: Christopher Hudson from the LA County DWP was joined by Alan Rappett, consultant from KOA, to talk about a preliminary scoping report on a Class 1 bicycle path down Lankershim Boulevard along the Los Angeles River. Proposed plans include a tunnel for the bike lane under Lankershim Blvd.
- Anastasia spoke about a positive meeting she had with Kerry Morrison from Hollywood Property owners.
- Pending City Council motion (CF 13-1493) to permit the sale of food and merchandise by street vendors on City sidewalks and parkways. The board talked about the existing issues with vendors and will gather more information in order to determine whether to take a position.
- Hollywood Neighborhood Prosecutor Community Meeting on July 16, 2014 – Anastasia noted that this is the date of the next HHWNC board meeting so the board will not be attending. Info will be shared when/if there is a new date scheduled.
- Confirm next meeting date: July 16, 2014 – The board confirmed this date for the next meeting.
- Vice-President’s Report: Cyd Zeigler reported on the upcoming PLUM Committee meeting including new applications for liquor licenses and signage on Hollywood Blvd. The meeting takes place at the Library at 6:30 p.m. on June 19, 2014.
- Treasurer’s Report: Michael Meyer reviewed the monthly expenses: $1596.00 for the past month for a total of $35,745 for the fiscal year. (Meyer/Nelson) moved to approve the June 2014 monthly expenditures report. The motion carried.
(Meyer/Nelson) moved that the HHWNC approve Michael Meyer, Treasurer, and Anastasia Mann, President, as first and second signatories on the HHWNC City of Los Angeles-issued checking account. The motion carried unanimously.
(Feldman/Weber) moved adoption of FY 15 annual budget. The motion carried.
Michael gave an update on Dorothy J and Benjamin B Smith Park with construction to begin in July.
- Parliamentarian’s Report: No report.
- Secretary’s Report: Kathy Bañuelos: Business cards will be ordered before the next meeting.
- Committee Reports
- Area 5 Committee (Carmen Libaridian/Michael Meyer)
Michael said there has been no response to the letter that was written and sent to Councilmembers LaBonge, Koretz and Kerkorian (and copied to Bel Air/Beverly Crest NC and the Hillside Federation) regarding Enforcement of Mulholland Scenic Parkway Specific Plan DRB Conditions of Approval.
- Youth Committee (Annie Gagen)
(Gagen/Geoghan) moved that HHWNC allocate funding in the amount of $1,500 for The Hollywood Arts Council for the rental of the stage and tent for their Annual Children's Festival of the Arts, to be held Aug. 10, 2014 at Paramount Studios. The motion carried unanimously. (Anastasia Mann recused herself from this item).
- Public Comments: None.
- Old Business: None.
- New Business: Michael told the board that Councilmen LaBonge and O'Farrell have submitted a motion to reduce the number of lanes from two to one on the southbound 101 Freeway at Highland/Cahuenga Blvd. West.
Dietrich Nelson reported that an Emergency Preparedness Expo will take place on June 24th at 8:30 p.m. at Grant/Vine.
- Adjournment: 8:05 p.m.
– Minutes by Pat Kramer, Apple One –
- HHWNC Board Meeting January 19, 2022
- REVISED Bureau of Street Services Committed Projects Feb 2022 Zones I & II
- LAFD West Express Magazine: Jan – Mar 2022
- Area 4 Board Seat Open
- PLUM / Area 3 meeting, January 10, 2021 6:30 PM
- No Board Meeting Month of December – DARK
- Yucca Community Center Classes & Clinics