Meeting Date: 09/25/13 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Special
Location: INTERNATIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHERS GUILD BUILDING
TOWN HALL AGENDA
September 25, 2013
INTERNATIONAL CINEMATOGRAPHERS GUILD BUILDING
7755 SUNSET BLVD., HOLLYWOOD CA 90046
Directions: East of N. Fairfax and West of N. La Brea Avenue on Sunset Blvd. The building is accessible and some free parking is available in the parking lot behind the building. The entrance to the meeting room also is from the parking lot behind the building.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Town Hall. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website ww.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected].
- Welcome and Introductory Remarks (Orrin Feldman, Barbara Witkin, and Cassandra Barrere)
- Remarks from Jonathan Brand, Planning Deputy for The Honorable Tom LaBonge, City Council Member for Council District 4.
- Presentation of proposed project for 8150 Sunset by Townscape Partners and Marathon Communications.
- Question & Answer Period – stakeholder questions for the development team.
- Closing Remarks and Adjournment
Orrin Feldman called the meeting to order at approximately 6:40 pm. He made general remarks about the proposed project for 8150 Sunset Blvd and how the meeting would be run. He thanked Steven Poster and The Cinematographers Guild for their hospitality. He introduced Gabe Kramer from Marathon Communications, Edgar Khalatian from Paul Hastings, Jonathan Brand from Council Member Tom La Bonge's staff, and Steven Poster, The Cinematographers Guild's local president.
Approximately 150 people attended the town hall event/meeting.
Jonathan Brand made some general remarks about the proposed project.
Messrs. Kramer and Khalatian made a short presentation about the proposed project.
Mr. Feldman then asked Messrs. Kramer and Khalatian to answer a series of questions about the proposed project.
The stakeholders attending the town hall had an opportunity to pose questions to Messrs. Kramer and Khalatian about the proposed project. Everyone who submitted a speaker card and stayed for the balance of the meeting had an opportunity to ask their question(s) before the meeting was adjourned. Many of the questions related to (i) the proposed height and size of the proposed project, and (ii) the possible impact on traffic, including the proposal to redesign the Sunset/Crescent Heights/Laurel Canyon intersection. .
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 9 p.m.
- HHWNC Board Meeting – June 16, 2021
- Transportation Chair Vacancy
- Area 9 Meeting, May 18, 2021 – MAK House, Mulholland Dr. Street Racing
- HHWNC Board Meeting -May 19, 2021
- Social Justice Ad Hoc Committee Meeting
- Election Results!
- April 19, 2021, Area 3, Area 4, Public Safety, Housing, Business Committee’s meeting