Meeting Date: 10/05/11 06:00 PM
Meeting Type: Special
Location: Special BOD Meeting: Community Meeting Rm, Highland-Camrose Park, 2101 N. Highland Ave. LA, CA 90068
HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING AGENDA
2101 North Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Directions: Camrose Drive at Highland Avenue.
Parking: Limited parking in Camrose parking lot with extensive parking available across Highland Avenue in the Hollywood Bowl Parking Lot near the Hollywood Heritage Museum.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website ww.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected]
POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING A BOARD MOTION AND
VOTING ON THE MOTION.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
1. Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
2. Roll call by Parliamentarian, Scott Campbell
3. Standing Rules Working Session (Meyer and committee)
4. Public Comments – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
5. Next Meeting – Regular Board Meeting, 6:30 pm, October 19, 2011 at Woman’s Club
Download this special HHWNC Board meeting agenda
HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
BOARD SPECIAL MEETING MEETING
October 5, 2011
Community Meeting Room
2101 North Highland Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90068
1. Call to order at 6 p.m. by Orrin Feldman, Vice-President, HHWNC. Roll call by Parliamentarian, Scott Campbell: Present: Orrin Feldman, Michael Meyer, Scott Campbell, Eric Paquette, Marcello Robinson, Nicole Carcel, Robin Moreno, Joyce Dyrector, Valorie Keegan and Dietrich Nelson.
2. Standing Rules Working Session Michael Meyer and Marcello Robinson reviewed and discussed the proposed standing rules for the HHWNC. Michael distributed copies of the draft standing rules along with comments from board members for each category.
Among the topics the board discussed were:
- Whether it was necessary to have standing rules for Area Committees;
- If so, what they should be;
- Whether to combine Area and Issues Committees,
- The number of members required (5 or more) at a Committee meeting;
- The number of meetings required per year (4);
- Different situations that might come up with joint meetings;
- How to run joint meetings;
- Ways to define the way meetings are run;
- Posting guidelines
- Refreshments at meetings;
- Assigning an individual to pick up the mail;
- Attendance at board meetings;
- Removal procedures for board members,
- Signature authority,
- Who can speak for the board,
- And website content updates.
The Ad Hoc Committee will review the suggestions made at the special meeting and present them to the full Board at that time.
3. Public Comments – None.
4. Meeting Adjourned at: 8:06 p.m.
-Minutes by Pat Kramer, Kelly Services-
- HHWNC Board Meeting January 19, 2022
- REVISED Bureau of Street Services Committed Projects Feb 2022 Zones I & II
- LAFD West Express Magazine: Jan – Mar 2022
- Area 4 Board Seat Open
- PLUM / Area 3 meeting, January 10, 2021 6:30 PM
- No Board Meeting Month of December – DARK
- Yucca Community Center Classes & Clinics