Meeting Date: 11/04/15 06:00 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Will & Ariel Durant Library 7140 West Sunset Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
- Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos
- President’s Report by Anastasia Mann
- Outreach Chair: Vote to fill vacancy will be on our November 18th Meeting. Currently one candidate: Sheila Irani. Introduce candidates present.
- Community leaders & items of interest
- Confirm next meeting date: November 18
Vice-President’s Report (Cyd Zeigler)
- Discussion of the DEIR for the proposed large-scale development at 8150 Sunset Blvd., including consideration of the Historic Cultural Eligibility of the Lytton Bank Building, and preparation and possible vote on a DEIR comment letter by the full Board.
- Committee Reports
Area 7 (Barbara Witkin)
- Proposed MOTION: The HHWNC does not support the Laugh Factory application to increase parking in an R-1 zoned lot. Currently they are allowed to park 26 cars and want to increase to accommodate approximately 48 cars with valet service. The lot is in a residential area and the neighbors are constantly calling to complain about the noise. Discussion and vote.
Infrastructure (Casey Maddren)
- Review of HHWNC Position Paper: Density, and HHWNC Position Paper: Scale, with possible vote on adoption. These position papers will be used as a tool to communicate proactively with developers and others who are planning projects for the HHWNC area. Currents drafts of both papers can be viewed at: http://www.hhwnc.org/node/3932.
- Public Comments – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
- Old Business
- New Business
BOARD MEETING Minutes
November 4, 2015
Will & Ariel Durant Library
7140 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046
- Call to order at 6 p.m. by President, Anastasia Mann
- Roll call by Secretary Kathy Bañuelos. Quorum established with 16 board members.
President’s Report, Anastasia Mann reminded the board that this was a Special Meeting and that the Regular Board Meeting would be held on Nov. 18, 2015.
- Outreach Chair: There are currently two candidates: Sheila Irani and Gilbert Mora. The election will take place at the November 18th meeting.
- Community leaders: Renee Weitzer, representing CD4, was present.
- Items of interest: The CD4 Discretionary Funds Task Force was held at Campo de Cahuenga to discuss funding items of which three of four were approved.
- Confirm next meeting date: November 18
- Vice-President’s Report: Cyd Zeigler updated the board on the DEIR for the proposed large-scale development at 8150 Sunset Blvd. There were eight original alternatives and a ninth was added. The height/size of the project, as well as traffic impacts were the two paramount concerns, as well as the Historic Cultural Eligibility of the Lytton Bank Building. A few stakeholders also stated that the project could come with potential community benefits and was aesthetically pleasing.
Renee stated that the review period from the City ends Nov. 9, 2015 for the DEIR. Renee elaborated on the process for special requests like the variance which requires a public hearing. She also spoke further about SB1818 pointing out that there were no height limits for this site. She added that there are compatibility standards which have to do with walkability, transit assess, etc.
At the conclusion of the discussion, the following items were added to the draft letter”
- Request that an Uber and Taxi drop off be incorporated into the project;
- That there be a commitment to preservation of the bank building;
- That the SB1818 variance not be granted as the project is not within the footage required to a transit location; and
- That the DEIR does not address cumulative affects to the proposed project so a separate section needs to be added on cumulative effects as it applies to CEQA.
(Meyer/Maddren) moved to approve the final draft EIR letter incorporating the new language. The motion carried 16-0.
- Area 7 (Barbara Witkin) – A motion opposing of a parking expansion request by the Laugh Factory was taken off the agenda.
- Infrastructure (Casey Maddren) – Casey distributed the HHWNC Density and Position Paper to be used when addressing new proposed developments. Comments were added by the board relating to property setbacks, transit oriented incentives near rail stations, and issues affecting density and traffic. The Board approved the Scale position paper as amended and due to time constraints deferred action on the Density position paper to a future meeting.
(Mann/Maddren) moved to accept the HHWNC Scale Position Paper with amendments. The motion carried unanimously.
- Meeting Adjourned: 7:55 p.m.
- Minutes by Pat Kramer, Apple One –
- HHWNC Board Meeting – June 16, 2021
- Transportation Chair Vacancy
- Area 9 Meeting, May 18, 2021 – MAK House, Mulholland Dr. Street Racing
- HHWNC Board Meeting -May 19, 2021
- Social Justice Ad Hoc Committee Meeting
- Election Results!
- April 19, 2021, Area 3, Area 4, Public Safety, Housing, Business Committee’s meeting