Meeting Date: 05/09/13 05:00 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Five0Four Hollywood
Details: HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
BUSINESS CHAIR/HOUSING JOINT MEETING AGENDA
MAY 9, 2013
6541 Hollywood Blvd. #102
Los Angeles, CA 90028
2. Discussion of possible HHWNC assistance in the rebuilding of the Errol Flynn Tennis Court located within Runyon Canyon. Assistance would include organizing and principally funding the project. HHWNC has roughly $10,000 left in this year’s fiscal budget that it could invest in getting this project started. First steps include bringing architects and construction companies that specialize in tennis courts out to bid on the project and bidding out a company to maintain the courts once they have been built. (Possible motion and vote.)
3. Public Discussion of non-agenda items.
4. Schedule next meeting and adjourn.
& Housing Services Committee Joint Meeting
Thursday, May 9, 2013
2) A proposal was made by Business Chair Joshua Kopel that council funds paired with contributions from local businesses be used to renovate the tennis court and the area surrounding the tennis court in Runyon Canyon.
3) Public comment: Jeff Zarrinnam proposed we involve the USTA explaining they will match us dollar for dollar up to $250k to renovate the tennis courts. Stacy Sillins of the Upper Nichols Canyon Neighborhood association suggested that the tennis courts also be used as a common area for people to do yoga, Pilates, etc. More research will be done on how to create a scheduling system to reserve the proposed court. Jarone Johnson Jr. proposed including public restroom and water fountains.
- PLUM Meeting, September 15, 2021
- Area 3 / Area 4 / Housing / Business / Public Safety
- Lawn Be Gone Workshops
- Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council to Hold a Town Hall for Upper Runyon Canyon Parking
- Community Enrichment Chair Vacancy
- HHWNC Board Meeting – Sept. 22 (Dark in August)
- HHWNC Board Meeting – July 21, 2021