Meeting Date: 08/08/06 06:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
Details: HHWNC Area 3 & Business Planning & Development
Tuesday, August 8, 2006
Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website ww.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at (213) 485-1588 or e-mail to [email protected].
1) Introduction and acceptance of minutes.
2) Discussion of Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce involvement in residential projects and greater co-ordination of Neighborhood Council with this organization.
3) Presentation by Lee Rabun on Plan Approval for Day After Nightclub located at 6757 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
4) Presentation by King Woods for a restaurant located at 6763 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
5) Presentation by Lee Rabun on Plan Approval for the King-King nightclub located at 6555 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
6) Presentation by Elizabeth Peterson Plan Approval for the Mood Nightclub located at 6623 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
7) Presentation by Elizabeth Peterson for a restaurant called East, to be owned by Mr. David Judaken of Mood, located at 6611 Hollywood Blvd. Possible motion and vote.
8) Discussion of parking situation in regards to smaller businesses being squeezed out by large valet operators with Paul Oberman, owner of Kung Pao Kitty. Possible motion and vote.
9) Public discussion of non-agenda items.
10) Schedule next meeting date and adjourn.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
August 8th Area 3 and Business Planning joint meeting minutes.
1) Minutes from 07/11 discussed and accepted 6 for none against or abstained.
2) Shelly Kiah discussed condo project on 6683 Franklin. Chair asked Paul Ramsey and Frank Defoe about Chamber of Commerce interaction with Neighborhood Council on Residential projects. Elizabeth Peterson also spoke on project. Joan Luchs felt feels Whitley Heights area is not being considered on development, height variances, etc. Paul Ramsey spoke on legalities, mentioned DRC design group as far as HHWNC involvement is concerned. He suggested we let Frank Defoe continue efforts to integrate. Chair’s motion to request greater co-operation withdrawn and matter tabled until next meting.
3) Lee Rabun presented Day After nightclub 6757 Hollywood Blvd. CUP Plan Approval and expansion to have outdoor dining. Brought plot plan and parking lease from Mehdi Bolour for 200 plus spaces. Joan Luchs discussed lease didn’t feel it was complete or current from a 2002 date on document. Mr. Rabun explained that it is a one-year that kicks in from when CUP and Certificate of Occupancy kick in. Robert Nudelman disagreed. Motion to support made by Frank Defoe and seconded. Motion passed 10 for, 1 against, with 2 abstentions.
4) Agenda item tabled as Mr. King Woods was unable to present 6763 Hollywood Blvd.
5) Agenda item tabled as Lee Rabun was not prepared to present due to a mistake by Chair in posting agenda.
6) Item 8 moved up on agenda. Kung Pao Kitty Restaurant owner Paul Oberman discussed problems with large valet companies squeezing-out smaller businesses. Thor Lee mentioned Hollywood Blvd. could eventually become a pedestrian zone between parking lots and need for structures to be built. Chair mentioned lack of diversity among businesses and need for more of same. Item tabled until next meeting.
7) Paul Woolsey gave chairing to Thor Lee for further items.
8) Elizabeth Peterson presented Plan Approval for Mood club at 6623 Hollywood. Owner David Judaken present and stated that parking is still in Cherokee site and that parking is between CIM Group and the LADOT. Nudelman brought up congestion on sidewalk and Judaken invited him to take a walk to see other places that haven’t done what he has to mitigate this. Paul Woolsey stated past history is very good. Motion to support made by Thor which was seconded and passed 10 for none against or abstaining.
9) Elizabeth Peterson presented East restaurant by same applicant, but requested tabling as paperwork is in-complete.
10) Adjournment. Next meeting scheduled for 08/22.