Meeting Date: 6/14/16 12:00 pm
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: The Pikey 7617 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood North side at Stanley.
HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
June 14, 2016 12:00 pmThe Pikey7617 Sunset Blvd, HollywoodNorth side at Stanley.
Directions: East of N. Fairfax Ave and West of N. La Brea Ave on Sunset Blvd.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any item of the agenda prior to the Board taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Board, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Board. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the Durant Library Branch, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website www.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment, www.empowerla.org.
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the board in advance of a meeting, may be viewed at our website at www.hhwnc.org, or at the scheduled meeting. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact the Board Secretary at [email protected].
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting Lorenzo Briceno at [email protected] or (213) 878-2551.
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO:
POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING A BOARD MOTION AND
VOTING ON THE MOTION.
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Board may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Board, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by a Board member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then a Board member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
- Call to order by President, Anastasia Mann
- Roll call by Secretary, Kathy Banuelos
- Review and approval of minutes of previous EC Meetingon 1/6/2016
- Review agenda topics for 6/15 full board meeting, including all funding requests and possible budget expenditures.
- Discussion regarding website launch and administrative functions/duties. Recommendation to hire a webmaster to manage site.
- Discussion of parliamentarian duties for Second Vice President post
- New Board Member Training. Suggest Buddy System
- Update on CD4 Discretionary Fund Task Force meeting (6/7)
- Update on NC relations with Hollywood Chamber meeting (6/8)
- HIKING TRAILS: Ford foundation hiking trails plans plus Griffith Park rep concerns; apartment project at CAHUENGA East status & confirmation of STATUS of DWP lots A, B & C.
- Update on RUNYON, REC & Parks. Neighbor concerns on FORC MOU.
- Congress of Neighborhoods Budget Advocates Empower LA Awards – discussions and recommendations for full board.
- Discussion with CD4 COUNCILMEMBER David Ryu & Adeena Bleich, Asst Chief Deputy.
- Public Comment – Comments from the public on agenda items and non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. Public comments are limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
- Old Business
- New Business