Meeting Date: 06/07/10 05:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Women’s Club of Hollywood
HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING AGENDA
June 7, 2010
Women’s Club of Hollywood
1749 North La Brea Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Directions: South of Franklin and North of Hollywood Blvd. – West side of the street. Accessibility: Building is accessible to the handicapped. Entrance at rear door. Parking: Free Parking is available in the adjacent 5th Christian Science Church parking lot located on 7107 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046. Entrance to parking lot is on La Brea Avenue.
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Executive Committee on any item of the agenda prior to the Executive Committee taking action on an item. Comments from the public on non-agenda and agenda items will be heard during the Public Comment Period and, within the discretion of the presiding officer of the Executive Committee, when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the Agenda that is within the Executive Committee’s subject matter jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Comment period. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker unless waived by the presiding officer of the Executive Committee. Agenda is posted for public review: on bulletin boards at the top and bottom of Runyon Canyon Park, and electronically on the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council website ww.hhwnc.org and on the Department Of Neighborhood Empowerment (www.lacityneighborhoods.com). As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Neighborhood Council Project Coordinator at 213-485-1360 or e-mail to [email protected].
In compliance with Government Code section 54957.5, non-exempt writings that are distributed to a majority or all of the Executive Committee in advance of a meeting may be obtained at the meeting and also viewed at our Office located at 1755 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, CA 90028, Executive Offices. In addition, if you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda please contact Peggy Sun at 323.856.1214.
ALL ITEMS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE ACTION, INCLUDING AN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MOTION
AND VOTING ON THE MOTION.
- Call to order by President (Anastasia Mann)
- Roll call by Secretary (Khaled Kaawar)
- Minutes – Review and approve prior March 10, 2010 minutes (See attachment)
- (Vote) (5 minutes)
- Review of Agenda for upcoming Full Board Meeting, June 7, 2010 at 6:30pm (5-10 mins) (See attachment)
- Review Training Issues for new board members
6. Discuss and Passover any items that the new board will face
7. Old Business
- New Business
- Public Comments
PROCESS FOR RECONSIDERATION: The Executive Committee may reconsider and amend its action on items listed on the agenda if that reconsideration takes place immediately following the original action or at the next regular meeting. The Executive Committee, on either of these two days, shall: (1) Make a Motion for Reconsideration and, if approved, (2) hear the matter and Take an Action. If the motion to reconsider an action is to be scheduled at the next meeting following the original action, then two items shall be placed on the agenda for that meeting: (1) A Motion for Reconsideration on the described matter and (2) a Proposed Action should the motion to reconsider be approved. A motion for reconsideration can only be made by an Executive Committee member who has previously voted on the prevailing side of the original action taken. If a motion for reconsideration is not made on the date the action was taken, then an Executive Committee member on the prevailing side of the action must submit a memorandum to the Secretary identifying the matter to be reconsidered and a brief description of the reason(s) for requesting reconsideration at the next regular meeting. The aforesaid shall all be in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act.
Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council
Executive Board Meeting Minutes
June 7, 2010
Women’s Club of Hollywood
1749 N. La Brea Ave, Hollywood, CA 90046
1. Call to Order by HHWNC President Anastasia Man at 5:35 p.m.
2. Roll Call by Secretary Khaled Kaawar: Present: Anastasia Mann, Orrin Feldman, Khaled Kaawar, Aaron Rogers, and guest Allison Connell, Issue 7 Environmental Chair. Absent: Michael Meyer.
3. Minutes: (Feldman/Khaled) moved the Executive Board accept the minutes for the March 10, 2010 Executive Board meeting as submitted. The motion carried.
4. Review of agenda for upcoming full Board Meeting. Anastasia reviewed different points of interest on the upcoming full board meeting agenda. This included notification of trainings for new board members and issues surrounding a grievance that was filed against a former board member. She also pointed out that there are three vacant board seats that will need to be filled. Postings of these three seats has taken place in line with the 60 day posting requirement.
5. Review of training issues for new board members. The Executive Board reviewed key training issues including: the Brown Act which governs neighborhood councils; the procedures for record keeping and reimbursements; and the bylaws as it applies to board members speaking on behalf of the HHWNC.
6. Discussion of any items the new board will face. The Executive Board discussed issues that came up with a grievance filed and what steps were taken, by the HHWNC, in regards to this issue. They also discussed the need for revisions to the bylaws to change designations of some of the 18 area/issues committee and when emergency issues can be discussed at a meeting without the mandatory three day posting to the public.
7. New business. Anastasia reviewed Treasurer Michael Meyer’s proposal to break down the proposed budget from the initial $31,000 amount into individual line items. The executive board reviewed the existing budgets and proposed new allocations in the following amounts: $15,000 for administrative assistance and membership, $6,000 for area committees, $6,000 for issue committees, $4,000 for IT, $1,200 for brochures and outreach support materials, and a reserve of $9,000. Anastasia suggested creating a Policies and Procedures Manual which is updated regularly and the preparation of the agenda packet as well as the timely posting on information by the committee chairs on the HHWNC website.
8. Old business. None.
9. Public comments. None.
10.Adjournment. 6:18 p.m.
-Minutes by Pat Kramer, Kelly Services.-