Meeting Date: 01/13/11 07:00 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Women’s Club of Hollywood
- Call to Order
- Introduction of Agenda
- The New Hollywood Community Plan:
- Distribution of updates and/or changes to the Hollywood Community Plan.
- Possible discussion, vote and motion to support updates and/or changes to the plan.
- Housing Issues:
- Renters: Bedbug Outbreak – Discussion of partnering with Volunteer Center of Los Angeles to canvass community in order to bring awareness to the issue.
- Renters: Discussion: Vendor Parking – Due to the lack of street parking, vendors are being ticketed and some refuse to service apartment buildings that do not provide parking. Discussion of possible solutions and suggestions to remedy the lack of day time and emergency parking necessary for residential building maintenance providers.
- Human & Social Services Issues:
- Job Fair: Possible discussion, motion and vote to support organizing a job fair within our boundaries. Job fair would be held mid or late summer 2011.
- Treasure Box: Discussion of utilizing services from The Treasure Box for HHWNC community and stakeholders: Possible motion and vote to support hosting the Treasure Box food program in our community. www.thetreasurebox.org,
i. The Treasure Box provides families and individuals with a substantial box of grocery store quality food retailing between $60-$85 for just $32 each. The Treasure Box cultivates relationships with more than 500 major food manufacturers across the country to purchase and provide top quality, nutritious food at sizeable volume discounts to the general public.
- Guest Speaker: Rebecca Lobl , President of LA Coalition for Neighborhoods
- LA Coalition for Neighborhoods is a non profit organization dedicated to supporting and strengthening the City Planning Department’s Proposed Ordinance regulating community care facilities and boarding homes in order to maintain the City’s low density residential neighborhoods. For more information regarding the Proposed Ordinance please visit our website at www.LACoalition4Neighborhoods.org
- Discussion, motion and vote to support proposed ordinance
7. Public Comments