LOS ANGELES, CA (Fri., Mar. 27, 2020) – On March 25, 2020, in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, protect vulnerable individuals, and prevent the Los Angeles County healthcare system from being overwhelmed, the LA County Health Officer has issued two new separate orders:
- Self-quarantine of anyone exposed to an individual diagnosed with or likely to have COVID-19. Further information on the steps to self-quarantine in English and Spanish.
- Self-isolation of anyone diagnosed with or showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within 14 days of being in close contact with a person who had or was believed to have COVID-19. Further information on the steps to take to self-isolate in English and Spanish.
These new Orders ensure that individuals who test positive for COVID-19, and those who are told by a clinician they are presumed to be positive for COVID-19 are required to self-isolate for a period of at least 3 days without symptoms, including being fever free without taking medicine, and 7 days since symptoms started, whichever is longer. Additionally, those who have been in close contact with someone who is positive or presumed positive must quarantine themselves for 14 days from the last time they had contact with the ill person.
“It is critically important that everyone adheres to all the social distancing measures and practice good public health hygiene, including washing hands as frequently as possible,” said Dr. Barbara Ferrer, Director of the L.A. County Department of Public Health. “Individuals covered by these Orders should still contact their providers to get advice if they feel their symptoms are worsening.”
Los Angeles County is relying on its residents to respect and follow these health orders without enforcement by peace officers out of caution for their own health and safety and that of the greater community. Residents’ cooperation with the health orders is critical as we work to flatten the curve and move beyond the pandemic. We’re in this together.
- HHWNC Board Meeting January 19, 2022
- REVISED Bureau of Street Services Committed Projects Feb 2022 Zones I & II
- LAFD West Express Magazine: Jan – Mar 2022
- Area 4 Board Seat Open
- PLUM / Area 3 meeting, January 10, 2021 6:30 PM
- No Board Meeting Month of December – DARK
- Yucca Community Center Classes & Clinics