Meeting Date: 01/08/14 05:30 PM
Meeting Type: Regular
Location: Will & Ariel Durant Library, 7140 Sunset Blvd., LA, CA 90046
Details: 1. Welcome, introductions and general comments by the committee's chairperson.
2. Review the draft minutes of the committee's meeting on December 11, 2013. The draft minutes are posted and availabe for your review on this website under the committee's meetings archive.
3. In light of City Council Member Tom LaBonge's motion last fall in the City Council to ask the Planning Department to study and report back as to how the small lot subdivision ordinance and the Planning Department's guidelines/rules for small lot subdivisions could be improved, a similar discussion in this committee seems appropriate. Recommendations could be made to the HHWNC board and the CD4 Council office.
4. 3249 Cahuenga Blvd. West
The Planning Deptartment's case no. is DIR 2013-3673.
Y.H. LLC is proposing to renovate a recording studio's exterior facade, add some landscaping along Cahuenga Blvd. and renovate a bathroom for American for Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance purposes. No change in the building's height or square footage is being requested.
The site is located in the Ventura- Cahuenga Blvd. Corridor Specific Plan's area. The applicant has asked the Planning Department and the specific plan's board to approve its proposed plans.
Peter Grueneisen of nonzero architecture will be presenting on behalf of the owner.
5.1707 Las Palmas – Smokin Pig Restaurant
The Planning Department's case no. is ZA 2013-2342-CUB.
Lee Rabun will be presenting on behalf of Mr. Mano,. Mr. Rabun will update the committee on (i) the status of Mr. Mano's applications with the Planning Department and the State's ABC, and (ii) discussions with Council District 13 and LAPD Hollywood Division.
This matter is described in greater detail in the committee's agenda for the Dec. 11, 2013 meeting, which is available in the committee's meetings archive. Mr. Mano had applied for a conditional use permit to sell a full line of alcoholic beverages for on-site consumption and 750 ml bottles of wine for off site consumption.
6. 1349 Gardner – a proposed small lot subdivision
The Planning Department's case no. is AA 2013-2337.
Regina Minor will be presenting her latest revised plan(s) for a developing the site as a small lot subdivision.
7. 1421 Stanley- a proposed small lot subdivision
The Planning Department's case nos. are AA-2013-2830-PMLA and ZA 2013-2968.
Daniela Berhnhard, NE Designs Inc's project manager, may be presenting revised plans for a small lot subdivision at this site.
8. Public comments on any non-agendized items.
The next Plum committee meeting is scheduled for February 12, 2014, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:50 p.m. at The Durant Public Library's community room.
1. Plum committee members Orrin Feldman, Jeff Papes, Jim Geoghan and Mary Prange were present. Area committee chairs Patricia Weber and Barbara Witkin also were present.
There was a quorum of the committee's voting members present when the meeting began at 5:30 p.m. Approximately 10 stakeholders were present.
The committee reviewed the draft minutes of its December 11, 2013 meeting. The minutes were approved unanimously.
2. The committee discussed Tom La Bonge's motion in the City Council asking for a Planning Dept. study of the small lot subdivision ordinance, the Planning Dept.;s guidelines, and how to improve both the ordinance and the guidelines.
The committee voted unanimously (4-0-0) to recommend to the board that the board vote to support Council Member La Bonge's motion in the City Council recommending that the Planning Department study how to improve the Small Lot Subdivision Ordinance and the Small Lot Subdivision Guideline. The committee recommended that the rules could be imporved to provide better driveways, better pedestrian acess, more landscaping and open spaces, more parking, including guest parking and parking for service vehicles, as well as better vehicular access and better security, and better trash pick up arrangements. The committee also recommended prohibiting rooftop living areas, and especially fire pits, in HHWNC's areas due to problems with noise and increasing fire risk(s) from such features.
3. 3249 Cahuenga Blvd. West – a recording studio
Planning Dept. case no. DIR 2013- 3674.
Peter Grueneisen presented the plans for renovting the facade, adding landscaping and remodeing a bathroom for ADA compliance.
The committee voted unanimously (4-0-0) to recommend that the board support the proposed project for approval under the Ventura/Cahuenga specific plan.
4. 1707 Las Palmas – Smokin Pig Restaurant
Planning Dept. case no. ZA 2013–2342-CUB
Lee Rabun and Mario Kattan, the operator, discussed the pending application to sell a full line of alchohol for sale at the restaurant, as well as to sell 750 ml wine bottles for off site consumption.
The committee voted unanimously (5-0-0) to recommend to the board that the Planning Department should approve the application if, and only if, LAPD, Hollywood Division, supported the application.
5. The other agenda items were tabled to a later meeting.
6. There were no comments on non-agendized items.
7. The meeting was adjourned at 7:20 p.m.
The Plum committee meeting was scheduled for February 12, 2013 at The Durant Public Libary, but subsequently was rescheduled because HHWNC's board will meet on that evening.