Meeting Date: 2/28/24 9:21 pm

Meeting Type: Special

Input Requested on Hollywood Bowl Traffic!

With the upcoming Hollywood Bowl season starting up again in April, your feedback is requested on traffic related issues, solutions, and a community meeting date!

InĀ 2022, the Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council (HHWNC) established a Joint Committee to address the ongoing traffic implications as a result of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Associationā€™s management of the Hollywood Bowl.
At the Joint Committee meetings, the community got together to identify the issues of concerns and prioritized a list of recommended solutions that were outlinedĀ here.
Since then, HHWNC has been working with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association, LA County representatives, LA City representatives, and other neighborhood organizations to address the ongoing traffic concerns through theĀ Los Angeles Philharmonic Association Hollywood Bowl Community Advisory Group.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association has limited the participation in the advisory meetings and the community is prohibited from attending.
HHWNC will host a community meeting in the coming months to:
  1. Update the 2022 list of traffic issues caused by the Los Angeles Philharmonic Associationsā€™ management of the Hollywood Bowl; and
  2. Update the list of solutions that the community is requesting to address the traffic issues.

Submit your feedback using the links below:

ISSUES:Ā What issues do you experience in the community related to Hollywood Bowl Traffic? Please click here to review the list of issues and provide your feedback on any missing items.
SOLUTIONS:Ā What solutions would you like to see implemented to solve the issues related to Hollywood Bowl Traffic? Please click here to review the list of solutions collated and provide your feedback on any missing items.
MEETING:Ā A special ‘Hollywood Bowl United Community Group’ meeting will be held over Zoom to review the feedback given in the links above and and develop a formal approach and timeline to address the issues and implement solutions. Please click here to indicate your interest in attending this meeting and select the date and time that works best for you to attend.

If you have pictures, videos, or other feedback regarding neighborhood traffic issues caused by Hollywood Bowl events, please email them toĀ [email protected]

EventAgenda

Meeting Date: 4/4/22 6:30 pm

Meeting Type: Regular

Details:

 

Join us this Monday, April 4 at 6:30 PM for a joint Area 3, Area 7, Area 8, Community Enrichment and Parks & Open Spaces meeting.

We will discuss:

For a complete, downloadable agenda, please click on the agenda button above.

Zoom Link; https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89306316791
Phone Dial in: +253 215 8782 to Join the Meeting
Enter This Webinar ID: 893 0631 6791and Press #
One-touch dial: +1 (669) 900-6833

 

Agenda Joint Committees 4.4.22

Meeting Date: 10/15/15 06:00 PM

Meeting Type: Regular

Location: WILL AND ARIEL DURANT LIBRARY

Details: 1. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER

2. ANNOUNCEMENTS

3. DISCUSSION OF POSSIBLE CULTURAL ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS AT PUBLIC LIBRARY. JOHN FRANK, HEAD LIBRARIAN WILL PRESENT IDEAS.

4. DISCUSSION OF CURRENT CULTURAL EVENTS. 

5. SUGGESTIONS OF NEW EVENTS

6. PUBLIC COMMENT

7. MEETING ADJOURNED

Meeting Date: 09/09/15 06:00 PM

Meeting Type: Regular

Location: WILL AND ARIEL DURANT LIBRARY

Details: 1. MEETING CALLED TO ORDER

2. ANNOUNCEMENTS

3. DISCUSSION OF PROPOSED LIBRARY PROJECTS FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN.
BUDGETS WILL BE PROVIDED.  

4. DISCUSSION OF OTHER PROPOSED PUBLIC EVENTS.

5. PUBLIC COMMENT

6. MEETING ADJOURNED 

Meeting Date: 07/28/15 06:30 PM

Meeting Type: Regular

Location: Will and Ariel Durant Library, 7140 Sunset Blvd, LA, Ca. 90046

Details: 1. Meeting called to order

2. Announcements

3. Discussion of current cultural, entertainment and public events in HHWNC areas. Feedback from Stakeholders about these events, continued interest, support from HHWNC impact on communities, etc. How HHWNC can contribute and promote existing events.

4. New events.  Suggestions from stakeholders about events that they would like to see initiated in HHWNC areas.  These may include but not limited to Music, Dance, Theater, Lectures, Library and School events, Art, Food, etc.

5. New Committee members.  HHWNC welcomes and encourages stakeholders to join the Cultural Resources Committee.  We're looking for members who will help us preserve and support the Hollywood Hills Cultural traditions we love and to bring some fresh ideas and new insights to our committee.

6. Public Comment

7. Meeting adjourned 

  
TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2015,  6:30PM, DURANT LIBRARY.

CALL TO ORDER: 6:40PM

IN ATTENDANCE:  Sunta Izzicupo/ Cultural chair, HHWNC, John Frank, Committee member and Head Librarian, Durant Library, Grant Wallensky, Area 6 Committee Chair, HHWNC

Intro and review:  Sunta introduced the idea of expanding and adding to the exisiting programs at our library.  John Frank was prepared with several suggestions as follows:

Discussion:  
Possiblitiy of staging a DRAMATIC READING of ARE YOU NOW OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN, a play by Eric Bentley about the Black List authors to  commemorate BANNED BOOKS WEEK.
suggestions of getting known actors to read.  HHWNC to help with promotion and publicity.

HOLLYWOOD FRINGE FESTIVAL- John Frank is interested in exploring an event in the library in conjunction with Hollywood Fringe Theater Festival.  He will provide more info.

 Possiblitiy of utilitizing the library meeting room as a "GALLERY" for local artists. Perhaps a contest, judged by local artists and critics and a dedicated space for locals to exhibit.
Sharon Rudahl and Terry Robbins local, professional artists to assist.

MOVIE SERIES at the Library- the meeting room can accomodate 60-70 guests.  Suggested an expansion of normal movie schedule for a themed series we promote–Independent Film Series, Documentary Series, Holiday series.  Professional screenwriters, Directors, Directors of Photography, Editors- could enhance the experience with mini-reception after films, talking about their work and fielding questions.   HHWNC to assist with publicity, promotion, perhaps additonal security to keep library open in evening.  Discussed idea of minimum honorarium for professional speakers. will explore HHWNC policies.

UNDERGROUND CARTOONIST OF THE 60'S.- John has contacts to make this possible. would requiring insuring the artwork, preparing and hanging the art and additonal security.

Grant suggested speaking with other NC's for bigger projects- Joshua Paget with New Urbanization Movement and local businesses, i.e. the Sundance Theater for sponsorship.

John will work on budgets for each of these proposed events and submit them.

We will review and discuss at next Committee meeting.

Meeting adjourned at 7:35pm.                                                                                                                         

Meeting Date: 02/03/11 06:30 PM

Meeting Type: Special

Location: Will & Ariel Durant Library 7140 W. Sunset Blvd. LA, 90046

Details:  

                                                         Agenda



1) Introduction & Review HHWNC Committee Chairs
HHWNC is made up of 9 Issue Committees and 9 Geographic areas.
Each of the 9 Issues Committees address major issues of the general HHWNC membership.
Each of the 9 Areas Committee represent their geographic area within HHWNC boundaries.
Please see attending Committee Chairs below

2) Roundtable of HHWNC 9 Issues Committees ~ Hear related Issues these Committees address
     a. HHWNC Committee Chair forum and discussion ~ Idea exchange, working with committees and stakeholders
     b. MOTIONS AND VOTES.  Chair and stakeholder suggestions may be voted on to be brought before the HHWNC BOD  
     c. Steven Shmerler – Website 
     *This meeting is a roundtable / forum  style meeting.  There will be no individual committees motions to be voted on.

All stakeholders are welcome and invited to attend and give input under public comment

3) Public Comment
     Adjournment
 
 
 

HHWNC Committee Chairs   

*Confirmed Attending Chairs


Issue Committee 1  Traffic, public transportation and parking ~ Chair: Seat Open
Issue Committee 2  Youth development, education and recreational resources ~ Chair:  Brian Johnson *
Issue Committee 3  Business development, planning and support resources ~ Chair:  Terry Migliaccio *
Issue Committee 4  Infrastructure, public and regulated resources and services ~ Chair: Maria Rychliki *
Issue Committee 5  Housing, Social and Human Services, Religious and Charitable Organizations, planning and support ~ Chair: Marcello Robinson *
Issue Committee 6  Emergency services, police and fire ~ Chair: Valorie Keegan *
Issue Committee 7  Environment, beautification, preservation and aesthetics ~ Chair: Alison Connell *
Issue Committee 8  Cultural resources, entertainment and public events ~ Chair: Barbara Witkin *
Issue Committee 9  Community development, networking and outreach ~ Chair: Chris Kaufman

Area Committee 1 ~ Chair: Daniel Savage *
Area Committee 2 ~ Chair: Bryce Lowrey *
Area Committee 3 ~ Chair: Robin Moreno
Area Committee 4 ~ Chair: Joyce Dyrector *
Area Committee 5 ~ Chair: Jarone Johnson
Area Committee 6 ~ Chair: Dietrich Nelson *
Area Committee 7 ~ Chair: Rebecca Arce *
Area Committee 8 ~ Chair: Don Ryan *
Area Committee 9 ~ Chair: Jon Sweet


HHWNC COMMITTEES

Issue Committees

The Issue Committees have been formed to address major issues of the general membership. As those issues are resolved, Issue Committees may change their focus with the approval of the stakeholders by majority vote.  Each of the nine (9) Issue Committees will be open to all stakeholders regardless of area.  A Stakeholder may be a member of each Issue Committee.

The Issue Committees are as follows: (1) Traffic, public transportation and parking; (2) Youth development, education and recreational resources; (3) Business development, planning and support resources; (4) Infrastructure, public and regulated resources and services; (5) Housing, Social and Human Services, Religious and Charitable Organizations, planning and support; (6) Emergency services, police and fire; (7) Environment, beautification, preservation and aesthetics; (8) Cultural resources, entertainment and public events; and (9) Community development, networking and outreach.

 

Area Committees

Each of the nine (9) Area Committees will open to all stakeholders within its respective borders.


Area Committees of (1) Hollywood Knolls/Manor/Lake Hollywood/Forest Lawn, (2) Cahuenga Pass/Universal City, (3) Yucca Corridor/Whitley Heights/Cahuenga East, (4) Hollywood Heights/Hollywood Blvd, (5) Outpost/ Cahuenga West, (6) Nichols Canyon/Runyon Canyon/Wattles Park, (7) Spaulding Square/Hollywood-Sunset Flats, (8) Mt. Olympus/Laurel Canyon Road, (9) Briar Summit/Woodrow Wilson/Mulholland Drive.

 

Draft Minutes

Thursday, February 3, 2011 ~  Meeting  "Special"  HHWNC Committee Chairs Roundtable & Forum


Call to order:  6:34 PM  "Special "    Acting Chair for Roundtable Forum:  Valorie Keegan 

HHWNC Committee Chairs in attendance included: Issue Committee 2 Youth development, education and recreational resources ~ Chair: Brian Johnson – Issue Committee 3 Business development, planning and support resources ~ Chair: Terry Migliaccio – Issue Committee 4 Infrastructure, public and regulated resources and services ~ Chair: Maria Rychliki – Issue Committee 5 Housing, Social and Human Services, Religious and Charitable Organizations, planning and support ~ Chair Marcello Robinson  – Issue Committee 6 Emergency services, police and fire ~ Chair: Valorie Keegan  – Issue Committee 7 Environment, beautification, preservation and aesthetics ~ Chair: Alison Connell – Issue Committee 8 Cultural resources, entertainment and public events ~ Chair: Barbara Witkin – Area Committee 2 ~ Chair: Bryce Lowrey – Area Committee 4 ~ Chair: Joyce Dyrector –Area Committee 6 ~ Chair: Dietrich Nelson   

Public Comment:
Nicole Carcel representing State Assembly Member Mike Feuer (42nd district ) Ms. Carcel stated she and the Assemblymember are looking forward to attending our HHWNC Board meeting.

1.) Introduction and Review:
Chair (acting) began with a review for committee chairs basic procedure; agendas, meetings and follow up from meetings.
Comments / Suggestion:  A handout  or some "how to" type printed or booklet / manual containing basic procedure for Committee Chairs would be very helpful for new board members. 

2.)Issue Committee Chair Roundtable: Seven attending Issue Committee Chairs and Three Area Chairs.
a.)Each Issue Committee read current committee’s description.

3.)Forum and discussion; Forum and discussion of how we can be more effective and better work together and for our stakeholders.
Comments / Suggestions and Ideas discussed were: 
a.) Many Issue Committee Chairs expressed a desire for a more clearly defined committee description, function, focus and roles of each Issue Committee Chair.
b.) A need for better and enhanced outreach to stakeholders.  
c.) Create outreach materials for NC awareness and direction to NC web-site. 
d.) Possible Newsletter. 
e.) Possible use of social media  
f.) More and enhanced communication between board members.  
g) Suggestion of possibly combining Issue Committees to be more effective and reduce committee cross over, confusion and overlap.


4.)Stakeholder comment:  Important Issues were public safety, cleaner streets and parks.

5.)Agenda Item not heard: Item 2.c. Steven Shmerler did not attend due to meeting time constraints.

Adjourned:  "special"    7:58 PM 

NOTE: This was a first meeting of Committee Chairs.  There were no prior minutes, items, reports or unfinished business.

Meeting Date: 01/12/11 06:00 PM

Meeting Type: Regular

Location: Will & Ariel Durant Public Library, 7140 W. Sunset Blvd, 90046

Details:  

Agenda Committee: Joint Meeting of the Culture – Events & Education, Youth, and Recreation Committees

Meeting Type: Regular
Meeting Date and Time: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: Will & Ariel Durant Public Library, 7140 W. Sunset Blvd, 90046

I. Call to Order
II. Committee Chair Announcements
III. Motion and Possible Vote
There will be a motion and possible vote to expand the performing arts classes at Yucca Recca Center
Cultural and Events Committee
IV. LA Marathon 2011
 Discussion of a cheering station materials, supplies and fliers to be ordered for the LA Marathon on Sunday, March 20
Motion and Possible Vote
V. Presentation on Theatre West’s collaboration with Selma Avenue ES; Public discussion of potential collaborative opportunities between theaters and schools in the community
V. Old Business
VI. New Business
VII. Public Comment
Adjournment

 

Meeting Date: 02/08/10 06:00 PM

Location: HOLLYWOOD AND HIGHLAND CENTER

Details:

Cultural and Outreach joint meeting

We will be discussing the following items:

1. The upcoming LA Marathon and our involvement with cheering sections and tables.

2. 2010 census

Meeting Date: 09/26/09 04:00 PM

Location: 8000 Sunset Blvd, Community Room Level P-1

Details:

HOLLYWOOD HILLS WEST NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL JOINT MEETING FOR AREA 7 AND CULTURAL EVENTS

               Saturday, September 26, 2009, 4:00pm
8ooo Sunset Blvd, Community Room on P-1. Handicap accessible. Parking lot is entered off of Laurel or Crescent Heights. Take single elevator  to P-1 and go right. Valadition for 3 hours.

Agenda for Cultural Events

!. Discuss an afternoon coffee event staring Anne Jefferies 

Meeting Date: 10/27/04 06:30 PM

Meeting Type: Regular

Location: 1817 Fuller Ave #204
Hollywood

Details: CULTURAL RESOURCES, ENTERTAINMENT
AND PUBLIC EVENTS COMMITTEE

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 6:30-8:30pm

Location:
1817 Fuller Ave #204

AGENDA:

Welcome
1) Call To Order
2) Review / Acceptance of minutes
3) Discussion of Objectives
4)Review proposed activities/schedule plan
a)Pedestrian Hollywood (Walking Cultural Tour) or
Night out @ the Theater – Mid October Timeframe
b) Hollywood Community Quilt – March
c) Youth Outreach Project (UN Unesco Culture of Peace Project) – April
d) Awards Presentations (TBD / named “Hollies”).

Adjourn

Cultural Committee Meeting
MINUTES
October 28, 2004

7pm – Call to order

Attendees:

Paul Kimmel,Ramona Rhoades, Lynne Hendel, Claire Guy, Wilson Bell

Jane’s version of the mission statement was read. It was agreed to be a good starting point for revisions.

Discussion of Cultural Committee activities:

Claire suggested investigating Cinegrill at Roosevelt Hotel. At this point we don’t have a lot of detailed information regarding this, and also a concern for the expense of the usage of this space was expressed.

Reviewed proposed activities for Hollywood Stroll and Theater Night events.

First – Hollywood Stroll proposal from Vince Vitale was read.

Second – Overview of Theater Night proposed by Ramona Rhoades was read.

We took a vote on which to pursue and decided on the Theater Night by unanimous decision.

We set a date for the event:

December 4, Saturday Night, and December 5 as alternative

Ramona will investigate what theaters are open during those dates and what shows are on if any.

She will also see if they have space for a reception after the show. The reception will give people an opportunity to meet, mingle, get to know each other, etc.

Ramona will report via email to Wilson this information by next Wednesday, November 3.

Ramona will also check into Fast Pass – Season Tix with West Coast Ensemble to use for multiple guest.

Discussion – The quilt project – will have to contact Eve Rappaport.

Culture of Peace/UN/UNESCO –
Promotes Non-Violence.
Paul will send out line of project to Wilson by November 3 and he will begin
to gather contacts and information to get project together.

Wilson will speak with Dan about procedure to make a motion regarding the Theater Night.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:40p.m.